Observations: MICV 65
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Observations: MICV 65 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:00 pm
    ----
I found this photo while in the Library, a few days ago.

I picked up on some differences, having taken a few photos of 'our' MICV 65. It makes me wonder if there were different floatation 'packages'.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Exhibit C:

Don

#2: Re: Observations: MICV 65 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:09 pm
    ----
This is my modification to the first picture to the appearent differences.

Exhibit D:

Don

#3: Re: Observations: MICV 65 Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:04 pm
    ----
MICV-65 was actually the program name that encompassed various vehicles being developed as a replacement for the bog standard steel box apc. Besides the vehicles Don has imaged others in the program included the XM734

I have these particular vehicles listed as the XM701 (original vehicle with footsteps), XM701E1 (with flat sides & sideskirt) and XM701E2 (with additional flotation)

#4: Re: Observations: MICV 65 Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:42 pm
    ----
Here's Don's machine in better times...

#5: Re: Observations: MICV 65 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:06 pm
    ----
Found this today while taking interior photos....

Don

#6: Re: Observations: MICV 65 Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:27 pm
    ----
I wonder why it had no idler wheel in the back?

"Pacific Car & Foundry" PACCAR makes Kenworth and Peterbilt trucks today.

#7: Re: Observations: MICV 65 Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:40 pm
    ----
Might be like that restrospective mod they did to the Pz I - gives maximum stability in a short length (to reduce 'bucking').

#8: Re: Observations: MICV 65 Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:57 pm
    ----
Or maybe they borrowed the concept (and some parts) from the M107/110/578 series of vehicles.

Those road wheels look very familiar.

#9: Re: Observations: MICV 65 Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:22 am
    ----
- MarkHolloway

I wonder why it had no idler wheel in the back?

"Pacific Car & Foundry" PACCAR makes Kenworth and Peterbilt trucks today.

Well since Pacific Car & Foundry made the M107/110/578, like Joe said they used parts off of them.

#10: Re: Observations: MICV 65 Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:21 pm
    ----
- Dontos
Found this today while taking interior photos....

The SN given is a little unusual. Its known to be pilot number 5. Typically SNs are pretty literal - 105 would mean the 105th one built... In this case I know that's not the case...

Neil

#11: Re: Observations: MICV 65 Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:26 pm
    ----
Might explain some of the High SN's seen on T-114 data plates,

Although I think that Tennessee "Lingle" with the the "T" Data plate affixed outside is a local creation.

#12: Re: Observations: MICV 65 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:36 pm
    ----
There was a question IRT the rear firing ports, so I did some exploring and came up with this.

Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board