What a wasteland....
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> CFS3

#1: What a wasteland.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:04 pm
    ----
I played hooky today and went on the CFS3 server a couple of times just as I did a couple of other times lately. Four rooms and twelve players total. Complete desert. Middle of the afternoon Pacific time....
And one room I went in, where the leader by about 98% of points, had a Spit or Tempest with ROCKETS that could out-turn a Tempest running on fumes in less than a turn....consistant kills, even laden with rockets....in no more than 15 seconds per spawn.

I think it's safe to say I'm gonna' be freeing up some badly needed HD space here real soon.

#2: Re: What a wasteland.... Author: RAF92_MustangLocation: Just another walk in the clouds. PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:13 pm
    ----
CFS3 has always been very empty.. that was, however, very nice at times also. When the whole community was so small that you all knew eachother..

Good times.... Crying or Very sad Smile

#3: Re: What a wasteland.... Author: IMS_Dakota PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:50 pm
    ----
lol and who did you expect to see in there in the middle of a work day.

Get in there at night when the real men fly Wink

#4: Re: What a wasteland.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:51 pm
    ----
- IMS_Dakota
lol and who did you expect to see in there in the middle of a work day.

Get in there at night when the real men fly Wink

mid afternoon in California is home-from-school/dinnertime back east...and later evening in 'Urp. Used to be the busiest time of day...say....two years ago. I didn't fly much at night myself because that was beddy-bye time for east coasters...

I've never seen so few rooms open as I did today...

#5: Re: What a wasteland.... Author: IMS_Dakota PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:04 pm
    ----
Well hurry on over its midnight and there are a dozen rooms up right now.
Some of us east coasters stay up late. Surprised

#6: Re: What a wasteland.... Author: AARP-StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:18 am
    ----
My games fill up quickly, even at 80%. Slightly above the arcade games, I give unlimited ammo, tac and tags, and external views. (I love my screenshots) Even with the gimme's some folks complain about the hard flight model and limited fuel. But they keep coming back. 7-11 eastern seems to be the busiest time to me.

#7: Re: What a wasteland.... Author: IMS_Dakota PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:22 pm
    ----
Most of our guys have to put the wife and kids to bed before they can sneak off and play.

Was 3am here when I closed my room, had 10 in there all night even at 95%. Actually was a good night too. None of the guys from the 20% rooms complained about the settings last night. Razz

#8: Re: What a wasteland.... Author: Combat PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:45 pm
    ----
To be honest, so far when I've had time to get back in and fly CFS3 with the Muley's it's been nothing but full rooms, great fun, and great old friends from the small community of CFS diehards!

I've gotten on late EST (after 11pm) and have been surprised at who I found in there! A lot of old friends, in addition to some great new pilots.

S~ Combat

#9: Re: What a wasteland.... Author: _79_kk PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:01 am
    ----
~S~ all

played hooky today and went on the CFS3 server a couple of times just as I did a couple of other times lately. Four rooms and twelve players total. Complete desert. Middle of the afternoon Pacific time....
And one room I went in, where the leader by about 98% of points, had a Spit or Tempest with ROCKETS that could out-turn a Tempest running on fumes in less than a turn....consistant kills, even laden with rockets....in no more than 15 seconds per spawn.

This is wy the 79 left CFS3 Sad CFS3 was SOOO great when it first came out...but now...well, good games/rooms are VERY hard to fiend.
The 79 are now all in IL2 and having a BLAST Laughing 700-1000 online at HL and almoest all the former cfs3 squads are here Smile

KK

#10: Re: What a wasteland.... Author: Guest PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:44 am
    ----
Yea I see a few of the IMS in IL2, they are still afriad to come into a room that they cant host. Then Dakota is afraid to come to IL2 because he will find out he isnt such a hot shot pilot. Dakota come to IL2 where the real men fly and not in that kid game called CFS3

#11: Re: What a wasteland.... Author: Guest PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 11:16 am
    ----
The above post is not and I say again not a personal attack on Dakota.
I am a friend of Dakota and I am just pulling his string a little to get him to come over to IL2 and give it a real serious try. That all.

#12: Re: What a wasteland.... Author: Combat PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 3:02 pm
    ----
You're really making him wanting to come fly in IL2 with that post. Probably just set him back another year with that one.

#13: Re: What a wasteland.... Author: IMS_Dakota PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:14 pm
    ----
LMAO.. I think I know who that is, and can safely say I could beat him in any game flying blindfolded and useing my keyboard.

Notice I wasn't afraid to sign in either.... >ahem<

#14: Re: What a wasteland.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:07 pm
    ----
- IMS_Dakota
LMAO.. I think I know who that is, and can safely say I could beat him in any game flying blindfolded and useing my keyboard.

Notice I wasn't afraid to sign in either.... >ahem<

An excellent point, given that the poster has 2 anonymous posts logged (these two) and otherwise from about 75 different I.P.'s.....to their credit, Dakota and Combat step up and identify themselves (and I KNOW how THEY fly):wink:

#15: Re: What a wasteland.... Author: _79_OD_ PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 4:45 am
    ----
Well I've gone from one of CFS3's biggest supporters to thinking it is past it, as far as online play goes. I went on last night (at 01:30 GMT) there were 8 games and all but one were at 40% realism, the other one was 80%, I went in and all anyone seems to fly is the Spitfire MkIXe, and after watching them and having played in IL2 for the last few months I can say just how unrealistic it looks, and to be honest it was boring who can turn the longest, and if you think I can't fly for some reason I knocked them all down in quick succession, but there was no fun in it. But without a doubt CFS3 is better, in my opinion, in single player. I do not play IL2 in single player at all, I find it dull. It is online that it is a proper reflection of combat simulation, people actually fly a range of aircraft and fly tactically and don't just end up in turning fights on the deck everytime, because if you do that then you'll die very quickly. The other good point about IL2 is the lag...or lack of, especially compared to CFS3, I have not once seen an aircraft fly underground/underwater, ok when someone does lag they can shoot off somewhere, but it is rare and is usually because they have been disconnected for some reason, you don't get those annoying jumping aircraft. Plus the fact that the aircraft are hard coded and unchangable means there is no way anyone can cheat through fiddling with the air files, not that I am saying anyone here has.
I'd just like to say give IL2 a try before knocking it, I was dead against going over to it...ask KK! But as you can see I am converted, I play CFS3 in single player only as it is a very good flight sim.
The other thing is with Hyperlobby you can go on at any time of day and find a few hundred people online and get a good game, not just in the middle of the night GMT.

OD

-> CFS3