Hollywood Video
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Hollywood Video Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:01 am
    ----
I just watched "Death Race". It was pretty amusing. They had an 18-wheeler tanker truck that was armored. It had machine guns, flame throwers, rockets and an M1 turret. I made a 5 minute video from my TV set. See it at: DEATH RACE TRUCK

#2: Re: Hollywood Video Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:33 am
    ----
Original Death Race David Carradine and Sly Stallone was very "Campy" to say the least,

Didn't see the new one. I always liked the second in the Mad Max series, "Road Warrior".

#3: Re: Hollywood Video Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:31 am
    ----
The first Mad Max film was a real treat. Very low budget but the filmmakers introduced most of the character elements seen in the later movies.

#4: Re: Hollywood Video Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:04 am
    ----
- MarkHolloway
I just watched "Death Race". It was pretty amusing. They had an 18-wheeler tanker truck that was armored.

In another life, I used to visit EK in Rochester, NY fairly frequently. One morning I arrived early and stopped for breakfast when up rolled a 65' eighteen-wheeler with short, enclosed trailer and a tractor that was completly armored with gun ports and shields/slits that could be lowerd over windscreen (like some warships). Speaking of warships, it was "battleship gray" as well.

Wondered "what the heck?" until I remembered that before things were largely digital, Kodak was the largest consumer of silver ingot in the world (with an enormous silver recovery plant in Kodak Park as well, so they might have set records for cyanide consumption, too). Wink

-> AFV News Discussion Board