UNBELIEVABLY COOL!!!!! Your own NASA images..worldwide!
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#16: Re: UNBELIEVABLY COOL!!!!! Your own NASA images..worldwide! Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:02 pm
    ----
- fr8ycat
It appears the buildings are leaning different directions, or they didn't level off the ground before building Laughing

We have a winner! but what really gets me, is this: I challenge you to find the splice. I havn't found it yet Smile

#17: Re: UNBELIEVABLY COOL!!!!! Your own NASA images..worldwide! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:54 pm
    ----
They bent the Washington Monument, it's gonna fall overrrrr.......!

goto/world=Earth&l...p;dir=-0.1

#18: Re: UNBELIEVABLY COOL!!!!! Your own NASA images..worldwide! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:03 pm
    ----
Here's the new Dulles wing of the National Air and space museum when it was being built - about 1/3 done (use USGS Urban data, very fine shots)!

goto/world=Earth&l...p;dir=-0.1

If you want to see a Lockheed Constellation sitting out in the open, scroll NORTH and just a tad tothe west - sitting to the right of a hangar, out in the boondocks of the south field of Dulles airport - you can see the triple-tail, and I've seen that plane from my airliner window many many times! C-130 parked on the other side of the hangar.....

#19: Re: UNBELIEVABLY COOL!!!!! Your own NASA images..worldwide! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:24 pm
    ----
cool,

after playing with it more figured out how to better work it.

goto/world=Earth&l...mp;dir=1.0

This is the flight school were I earned my PPL for rotorcraft. you can just make out the main rotor of the Robby I trained and passed my check ride in (just left of the cross hairs in front of the hangar). Use urban Ortho.

#20: Re: UNBELIEVABLY COOL!!!!! Your own NASA images..worldwide! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:48 am
    ----
Van Nuys......Way cool!

Airports are interesting subjects...spent some time looking for airborne planes on final or departure....nothing yet but I'm hoping to catch one "in the act"!

#21: Re: UNBELIEVABLY COOL!!!!! Your own NASA images..worldwide! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:55 am
    ----
Here's an SR-71 sitting out in the open at March AFB Museum...and a couple of B-29's it looks like, and a BUFF...also there's a B-17 there (I've seen it) but see if you can recognize it.....USGS 1M Ortho...

...and another B-17 sitting outside the Chino Air Museum...lotta cool planes, DANG and it's just outside the "Urban Ortho" area, DRAT!

#22: Re: UNBELIEVABLY COOL!!!!! Your own NASA images..worldwide! Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:02 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Here's an SR-71 sitting out in the open at March AFB Museum...and a couple of B-29's it looks like, and a BUFF...also there's a B-17 there (I've seen it) but see if you can recognize it.....USGS 1M Ortho...

Let's see... I see (I think :mrgreen:): B-24, Boxcar thingy, KC-135, B-52, F-111, B-29, and a bunch of blurry planes Smile

If you want to see some planes, check out Aviation Challenge/Space Camp in Huntsville Alabama:

There are: F-4, Harrier, T-38, F-111, Intruder, F-16D, F-14, Mig-17, Cobra Helo, and another helo, I can't remember what kind it is though. If you head west, you'll find Space Camp with it's space shuttle, a couple Saturn V's, and a bunch of other rockets. You'll also see an A-12 (one seater SR-71) on the north side of Space Camp.

#23: Re: UNBELIEVABLY COOL!!!!! Your own NASA images..worldwide! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:27 pm
    ----
NICE!!!

#24: Re: UNBELIEVABLY COOL!!!!! Your own NASA images..worldwide! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:49 pm
    ----
Dangit this thing is really starting to blow my mind now...I just found out about the right-mouse-button-and-drag thing.......!!!

#25: Re: UNBELIEVABLY COOL!!!!! Your own NASA images..worldwide! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:57 pm
    ----
Alright, I'm addicted. Laughing

The Queen Mary (Urban ortho)

goto/world=Earth&l...mp;dir=7.3

#26: Re: UNBELIEVABLY COOL!!!!! Your own NASA images..worldwide! Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:51 pm
    ----
A couple of carriers in dock at Norfolk... (USGS Digital Ortho)

goto/world=Earth&l...p;tilt=0.2

-> Officer's Club