First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -survivors
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -survivors Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:20 am
    ----
I prepare a list of armoured cars which survived for the “First Armoured Cars” Vehicles Register which if Pierre agrees maybe in future be published on Shadock Website.

I found this vehicles:

- Rolls Royce Armoured Car “AAR1 Danny Boy / Tom Keogh” – private owner

- Rolls Royce Armoured Car “AAR2 Slievenamon” – Curragh (Ireland)

- Rolls Royce Armoured Car – Armoured Corps Museum, Ahmednagar, Maharashtra (India)

- Autocar Machinegun Carrier – Canadian War Museum, Ottawa (Canada)

- King Armored Car - US Marine Corps Air-ground museum at Quantico (USA)

- Lancia 1Z – Museum "Diego de Henriquez", Trieste (Italy)

- Lancia 1ZM wreck – Cyrene (Lybia)

- Lancia 1ZM wreck – Camp Warehouse, near Kabul (Afghanistan)

- Lancia Triota – Museo della Motorizz. Militare della Cecchignola, Rome (Italy)

- Izhorsky-Fiat – Central Armed Forces Museum, Moscow (Russia)

- Austin-Putilov – Military Historical Museum of Artillery, Engineer and Signal Corps St.-Petersburg (Russia)

- Daimler DZVR 21 – Panzermuseum Munster (Germany)

- Peerless Armoued Car – Bovington Tank Museum (UK)

- Crossley M1923 Indian Pattern Armored Car – National Museum of Military History, Johannesburg (Republic of South Africa)

- Crossley Armoured Car Mk I – Bovington Tank Museum (UK)

- Lanchester Armoured Car Mk II – Bovington Tank Museum (UK)

- Pansarbil fm/29 – Axvall Tank Museum (Sweden)

- Pansarbil m/31 – Hässleholms Museum, Hässleholms (Sweden)

- two wrecks Pansarbil m/31 – Södermanlands Militarhistoriska Samlingar, Strangans (Sweden)

- Citroen M23 ? wreck – Camp Warehouse, near Kabul (Afghanistan)

- Citroen-Kegresse P-28 Armoured Car – Montevideo (Uruguay)

Reproductions:

- Lancia 1Z – Museo della Motorizz. Militare della Cecchignola, Rome (Italy)

- Austin-Putilov – Kubinka Tank Museum (Russia) is it a reproduction??

- Peugeot 1918 – Private collection (Poland) – running condition

- Ford FT-B – Historical Reenacting Association "Cytadela" (Poland)

- Armored Car wz.29 - Motorization and technic museum, Otrębusy, Warsaw (Poland) – running condition

- Armored Car wz.34 – Stowarzyszenie Rekonstrukcji "Polski Wrzesień" (Reenacting Association "Polish September", Poland) – running condition

- Armored Car wz.34 (reproduction) – Private collection (Poland) – running condition

- Kfz 13 Adler – Private collection (Poland) – running condition

- Tatra OA vz.30. – Military Museum on Demarcation Line, Rokycany (Czech Republic)– running condition

Write if I have missed some vehicles, or if there are some errors.

Ps. I’m looking for better photos of this vehicles:

- Autocar Machinegun Carrier – Canadian War Museum, Ottawa (Canada)

- two wrecks Pansarbil m/31 – Södermanlands Militarhistoriska Samlingar, Strangans (Sweden)

- Rolls Royce Armoured Car “AAR1 Danny Boy / Tom Keogh” – private owner

- Rolls Royce Armoured Car – Armoured Corps Museum, Ahmednagar, Maharashtra (India)

#2: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:56 am
    ----
Are you knowing something about this Austin-Putilov reproduction:
www.primeportal.net/ap...php?Page=1

Last edited by bialy-r on Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:17 pm
    ----
I'm looking for information about unknown WWI armoured car reproduction from Pinter Muvek Military Museum, Kecel (Hungary).
Repro of what vehicle it can be?

Photo of Kecel vehicle:
forum.valka.cz/viewtop...ky/p/54175

#4: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -survivors Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:21 pm
    ----
The US Army Ordnance Museum at Aberdeen Proving Ground has an M1914 White Armored Car “Armored Car No. 2.”

You can see it in the background of this picture inside the warehouse

Neil

#5: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:52 pm
    ----
Thank you Neil for that information.

Have someone maybe a better photo of that:
M1914 White Armored Car “Armored Car No. 2.” from US Army Ordnance Museum

#6: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:36 pm
    ----
What it is? - Finnish Armour Museum, Parola (Finland)

#7: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -survivors Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:42 pm
    ----
Doubt you will find a better pic of Armored Car No. 2 - that was the first picture of it since it had previously been in storage "behind the fence" at APG for decades...

And access to that warehouse where the pic was taken is a little trickier now...

Neil

#8: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:59 pm
    ----
I can see on that picture that they started restoring it. Someday they will finish the work on this armoured car, maybe then new photos will be show on internet.

#9: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:19 pm
    ----
Someone know what is this finish armoured car. It looks like it have a Landsverk tank turret on his roof.

#10: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:16 pm
    ----
- bialy-r
Someone know what is this finish armoured car. It looks like it have a Landsverk tank turret on his roof.

bialy-r...

Image not showing for me. As you seem to be using the "attach file" mode, my guess is that it exceeded the size or file extension limits and didn't accept it. It's easy to miss the message that appears at top of screen when this is happening. I always "preview" and click the box for "posted attachments" to check to see if it's going to display. I think the site doesn't accept bmp files, a common filetype for images. I don't know the reason for that.

Do you have a photo hosting service like Photobucket (it's free). Also, as a registered member here, you have the use of a free picture gallery here at Com-Central (though you can't hotlink pictures to other sites). If you go to the menu on left sidebar, click "my account" and another menu will appear. Go to "personal" and then "my gallery". You will need to create one the first time with your name, but there's nothing to it, really. Let me know if you need help.

Doug

#11: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -survivors Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:24 pm
    ----
this might help, it shows how to use Photobucket
www.cdsg.org/forums/vi...ic.php?t=3

#12: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:35 am
    ----
- bialy-r
I can see on that picture that they started restoring it. Someday they will finish the work on this armoured car, maybe then new photos will be show on internet.

I don't think they have started working on it. If they were working on it it would be over at the Refurb shop. I think that is the condition it was stored in.

#13: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -surviv Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:34 am
    ----
I thought about that vehicle which I have already add - this one from Parola in Finland

#14: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -survivors Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:48 pm
    ----
Austin-Putilov from Kubinka not a reproduction. Some details is incorrect, but hull/turrets original.

#15: Re: First Armoured Cars from World War to Early 30s -survivors Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:17 pm
    ----
M1914 White Armored Car “Armored Car No. 2.” from US Army Ordnance Museum from Glen Williford

-> AFV News Discussion Board