The Netherlands AFV Registers
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22, 23, 24  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#211: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:29 pm
    ----
It seems the NL army has at least one BMP-2 in the inventory as OPFOR vehicle. It participated in an exercise last week. I have no more details.

Many years ago there were two former East German BMP-2s at Amersfoort.

If this is one of those two??

#212: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:41 pm
    ----
okay, made an visit to the OVerloon museum today and made some enquiries about missing items of the collection

- first the Staghound; the vehicle is under going restauration at the moment and is 90% finished. The vehicle is completly restorted both internal and external. The ony item that could not be restored was getting the engine back in running order
It will be on display next year

- second the LVT 4, that was mentioned in the LVT thread; the vehicle has been exchanged an couple of years ago. The new onwner is an museum located in Zeeland, The Netherlands. There are at least 5 museum around Zeeland that focus at the Allied landings in Zeeland in 1944. I don't know which of the various museum has the LVT. Perhaps it is still being restored and not open for the public yet

- the vision blocks of the M4A4 Crab, P-O I will send you an mail with the picture's;

- the serial number of the M4A4 that is being loaded on to the transporter, no luck there Sad
No serial number visible at the towing eye's, and I checked them all to be sure.
From my point of view, it appears there has been an number at the right front towing eye, something with 2.
However this could also be an trick of the light mounted above the vehicle

Michel

#213: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:13 pm
    ----
Found an site about the restoration of the Overloon Sherman monument

www.shermantankoverloo...=frontpage

Mostly picture's so no problem reading for most people Mr. Green

Michel

#214: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:26 pm
    ----
A picture of the M51 in the NLD. It seems they removed some numbers/markings. Anyone who knows what they removed (castingnumbers of serials?)
www.xs4all.nl/~jwdeboe...C05050.jpg

Regards,
Lesley

#215: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:06 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
Found an site about the restoration of the Overloon Sherman monument

www.shermantankoverloo...=frontpage

Mostly picture's so no problem reading for most people Mr. Green

Michel

I wonder if they had as much trouble removing their road wheels as we did removing Coba King's? Smile

#216: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:11 am
    ----
Hi folks,

made an visit to the "Rolling Steel" event 2010 of Keep them rolling
And took some picture's of some interresting vehicle's
Amongst others there where:

The T17E1 Staghound
This is the same vehicle as in the book "The Staghound" of Mr D. Doyle, pages 76 through 80 Wink

Among the other vehicle's there was also this big British truck
Has some one an idea what it is Confused Confused
I think it is an Leyland Hippo, however I'm not sure

Michel

#217: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Hanno_Spoelstra PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:44 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
A picture of the M51 in the NLD. It seems they removed some numbers/markings. Anyone who knows what they removed (castingnumbers of serials?)
www.xs4all.nl/~jwdeboe...C05050.jpg

Lesley,

The two upper scars are where the gun lock for the original 76-mm gun was welded on the hull. This gun lock was removed when the tank was converted.

The lower scar is the former IDF registration number, I believe - the "Y" at the end is still there.

HTH,
Hanno

#218: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:54 pm
    ----
Hi folks

an update about the Sherman M4A3E8 with the special fittings to the hull

This Sherman is for sale, because the owning reenactor group ACES do not have the storage facility or time to maintain the tank

Does some-one have 130.000 Euro at hand to buy an nice Sherman tank Mr. Green

Michel

#219: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:21 pm
    ----
well, actually I do have 130€ to spend. Where do I have to take this Sherman to bring it to its new home?

Pierre-Olivier

#220: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:24 pm
    ----
Well you could make them an offer, however I think the gap between 130€ and 130000€ maybe a point of discussion Wink

At the following link there is some history of the tank and some nice movies, in English

www.preservinghistory....&Itemid=86

Now I also know which guy's where trying to burn down the workshop with the help of an Sherman engine Laughing

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwCavr0oHSo

Michel

#221: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Smashy PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:15 pm
    ----
Pity it hasn't an EasyEight turret....

#222: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Hanno_Spoelstra PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:45 am
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
an update about the Sherman M4A3E8 with the special fittings to the hull

Michel,

Those fittings are there because this tank once was an M74 TRV. It was stripped of most of its TRV gear, and fitted with a Firefly turret. I understand it has been sold.

Hanno

#223: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:54 am
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
Well you could make them an offer, however I think the gap between 130€ and 130000€ maybe a point of discussion Wink

Michel

"One man's comma is another man's decimal point." Mr. Green

Maybe P-O can get it on grounds of a typo!

#224: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:39 am
    ----
I noticed that the gun manlet seems to be tied up with rope. I wonder if this is to hold it on?

Also, not to be overly critical, but I wish there wasn't so many C Company, 37th Tank Bn restored vehicles. There was more than one tank battalion and one Division to have fought in the ETO, that possessed armor.

Personally, I was always partial to the exploits of the 3rd Armored Division, having served with 3rd AD in the 80's.

If I could 'scratch' together 131 euros, I might try to outbid P.O.......ha ha ha

Regards
Don

#225: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:26 pm
    ----
- Hanno_Spoelstra
and fitted with a Firefly turret

How do you see that it is a Firefly turret?

Pierre-Olivier

-> AFV News Discussion Board