The Netherlands AFV Registers
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22, 23, 24  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#76: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:22 pm
    ----
Hi Trevor,

I have been searching an little and found the following site
www.ww2talk.com/forum/...erman.html

There are some picture's of Cookie and they where posted 27-05-2008

It appears Cookie has moved away from the monument in Ortona to somewhere on the outside of town....

also movie at youtube
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uexedpv7IX0

also here
commons.wikimedia.org/...Boe%29.jpg

and finaly here, an picture posted 4 september 2009
famigliapesce.blogspot...erman.html

Sad Sad Sad Sad

Michel

#77: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: MarcoHLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:44 pm
    ----
Trevor,

Sorry about that, won’t happen again.
I checked the copyright section from the website.
Amongst other things it says:
“It is only allowed to reproduce text or digital images when this isn’t done with a commercial intention”.

But to be safe, I’ll mention the website where to find the photo.
The website is : www.geheugenvannederla...l/homepage

When you use the search key “overloon” you’ll find the photo.

Marco

#78: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:29 am
    ----
Hi folks,

found some more picture's of Cookie
They are from the Dutch Nationaal Archief (Nationale Archives)
beeldbank.nationaalarchief.nl/en

The oldest 2 picture are from 1945 and show's Cookie with the turret facing 6'clock
beeldbank.nationaalarc...:dat244010

picture from the other site
it appears that there has been an lady painted to the site between the 2 piece of additional welded on armour plate
beeldbank.nationaalarc...l1:dat6191

Last one from 27-05-1946
It show's Cookie with the Sherman Crab, that is still at Overloon
beeldbank.nationaalarc...l1:dat6194

Printed (low res) copies of the picture's are only allowed to be used for personal, non-commercial use!!
Everything else is copyright protected!!

Marco,
good find "Het Geheugen van Nederland"
I did not know that site Mr. Green

Michel

#79: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:44 am
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
Hi Trevor,

and finaly here, an picture posted 4 september 2009
famigliapesce.blogspot...erman.html

Sad Sad Sad Sad

Michel

In a perfect world where everything would be possible, I would like to buy or get this one and give an anonymous M4A4 against, to be displayed in Italy... And then repaint this M4 as "Cookie" and find a place around Overloon to dispay it back on its original battle ground.
What the Overloon museum did with this tank was a major mistake..

P-O

#80: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:48 am
    ----
just a quick question :

how early is this M4A4??

http://news.webshots.com/photo/2606295210100192038Lyadyl

I think that it belongs to the first batch of M4A4s built by Chrysler (from SN 4805 to SN 6204), and that it never got additional armour...

P-O

#81: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:08 am
    ----
Hi P-O

according the info I recieved from Lesley it would have serial number 15499, however this maybe wrong because of the following

According the Sherman Register serial numbers for the M4A4 should be in the ranges
4805 - 6204, 16555 - 20554, 20555 - 23904
web.inter.nl.net/users...serial.htm

There is no further information of the origins of this Sherman

Michel

#82: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:15 pm
    ----
would be rather SN 5499....

P-O

#83: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:45 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss

I have been searching an little and found the following site
www.ww2talk.com/forum/...erman.html

There are some picture's of Cookie and they where posted 27-05-2008

It appears Cookie has moved away from the monument in Ortona to somewhere on the outside of town....
also movie at youtube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uexedpv7IX0

also here
commons.wikimedia.org/...Boe%29.jpg
Michel

That link to ww2talk is already included, see the Links section, plus the main photo of the monument is from that Wikimedia album. The YouTube video was new to me, though, so thanks for that - I'll look at adding it. I guess he took the idea of a 'walkaround' quite literally!

- MarcoH
Trevor,

Sorry about that, won’t happen again.
“It is only allowed to reproduce text or digital images when this isn’t done with a commercial intention”.

Marco

Marco, I meant no criticism, I just wanted to be careful - I really appreciate you finding the photo. PreservedTanks.com isn't commercial so I believe that means I can use it. If I later want to use it in a book, though, I'll be sure to ask permission.

Last edited by TrevorLarkum on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

#84: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:45 pm
    ----

P-O

That could be true, perhaps Lesley know's the answer

Trevor,
sorry, I overlooked the ww2talk link on the reserved Tanks site

So I checked the site again Wink
Concerning the link to "Memory of the Netherlands"
the link below, should guide you directly to the picture

www.geheugenvannederla...t=overloon

Mr. Green

Michel

#85: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:22 am
    ----
- MarcoH
Trevor,

Marco

- Michel_Krauss

Trevor,
Concerning the link to "Memory of the Netherlands"
the link below, should guide you directly to the picture

www.geheugenvannederla...t=overloon

Michel

Cheers guys - I have added the picture, along with careful acknowledgement of the source website (name and URL), and the name of the photo archive, and inclusion of the original caption so I think I am fully covered legally.

- the_shadock

In a perfect world where everything would be possible, I would like to buy or get this one and give an anonymous M4A4 against, to be displayed in Italy... And then repaint this M4 as "Cookie" and find a place around Overloon to dispay it back on its original battle ground.
What the Overloon museum did with this tank was a major mistake..

P-O

Agreed!

- Michel_Krauss
Hi folks,

found some more picture's of Cookie
They are from the Dutch Nationaal Archief (Nationale Archives)
beeldbank.nationaalarchief.nl/en

The oldest 2 picture are from 1945 and show's Cookie with the turret facing 6'clock
beeldbank.nationaalarc...:dat244010

picture from the other site
it appears that there has been an lady painted to the site between the 2 piece of additional welded on armour plate
beeldbank.nationaalarc...l1:dat6191

Last one from 27-05-1946
It show's Cookie with the Sherman Crab, that is still at Overloon
beeldbank.nationaalarc...l1:dat6194
Michel

I don't think I see the woman you refer to - from a look at the other photos I think that's just the remains of the white star.

Anyway, those first two are particularly nice pictures but because of the restrictions at that site I cannot use them directly - instead I have added links to them to the Links section, including giving credit/acknowledgement in the way they specify.

I have also added a link to the YouTube video.

Finally I have found an image on Flickr with a suitable Creative Commons license, and a new image on Wikipedia, so I'm finally getting the 'time machine' effect I was wanting:

Main entry

#86: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:47 pm
    ----
I think that's just the remains of the white star

I think you're right

To be sure I made an large printed copy of it Wink
Drew some line's along it and it turned out to be an star

Michel

#87: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:39 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss

P-O

That could be true, perhaps Lesley know's the answer

Michel

I wish I could.... nowadays I note the source, in the past I didn't, so I realy don't know were I got that serial from. Sorry

regards,
Lesley

#88: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:36 pm
    ----
Hi folks,

could some one help me with the ID of this British ??? car
I do not have picture's from the side Neutral

It could be an Saracen APC, but I'm not sure Confused Confused

Michel

#89: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:23 am
    ----
I'm not too good on wheeled vehicles, but I'd say some form of Saracen.

#90: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:50 am
    ----
Yes its a Saracen

-> AFV News Discussion Board