Commander ac50 rain issue with sp2
-> FSX

#1: Commander ac50 rain issue with sp2 Author: profwebsLocation: Western, PA USA PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:40 pm
    ----
I did a couple of searches, but couldn't find a post with this issue.

Having an issue with my favorite plane! When raining in the virtual cockpit the outside view (windscreen and side windows) flickers then turns blue except for a very small area at the bottom of the windscreen. The 2d cockpit view is fine. DX10 preview is turned off.

This happened with the original FS9 version of the aircraft also. It only does this on the ac50 models. the others, ac52, ac56 are fine.

I'm assuming the ac50 models are the original model files from fs9 and this is causing the issue. Not a big deal since there are so many other variants to choose from, but I love the original dirty commander with the broken gauges Razz

I did install the texture fix to get rid of the transparent doors but this didn't fix the issue I'm having.

Anyone else have this issue or does it seem like an issue only I am having?

#2: Re: Commander ac50 rain issue with sp2 Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:36 pm
    ----
profwebs

I have had issues with SP2 in the past, reason for going back to SP1. Rotor and Prop disks cast solid shadows on the ground for me, haven't been able to find an answer whether or not it was an issue with anyone else.

Have flown the AC680 many times and don't recall having your problems but that might not help you much. Good luck with it.

#3: Re: Commander ac50 rain issue with sp2 Author: profwebsLocation: Western, PA USA PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:50 pm
    ----
Thanks for the reply. I also un-installed SP2 due to an issue like this.
However, I found that SP2 gave me about a 20% increase in FPS so it's here to stay now. Smile

As for the prop textures, I actually was able to fix those even before I found the u[dated textures here at Com-Central.

Also, here is a screenshot:

#4: Re: Commander ac50 rain issue with sp2 Author: profwebsLocation: Western, PA USA PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:15 am
    ----
After a bit more searching, I found the problem and a solution:

Hi,

The blue windscreen appears because the VC rain effect is genuinely missing from FSX.
You have to install a VC rain effect from FS9, like for example rlvcrain.zip, then you will get a nice transparent windshield with rain drops on it smile.gif

That comes from this post.

And the solution is here.

The file comes from Flight 1. Not sure if we can host the file here or not. Only problem I see is that there are no drops on the windscreen, but better than nothing, at least I can fly now.

#5: Re: Commander ac50 rain issue with sp2 Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:46 pm
    ----
Glad you got it sorted out and as far as hosting it, we can. I'm not sure at this point who the author is however as it came down as an EXE file with no documentation. Our policy is to give credit to those the file belongs to. Wink

#6: Re: Commander ac50 rain issue with sp2 Author: profwebsLocation: Western, PA USA PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:29 pm
    ----
From the avsim forums:

If you have been paying attention to any of the recent threads you are probably aware that SP2 has broken FS9 SDK created aircraft with respect to visibility out of the windscreen in the VC when it is raining. It will render the windscreen a solid blue \ turquoise color.

I believe we have a remedy in the form of a utility that we have created. When you run it, it will replace the affected FSX textures with new ones (No, not the FS9 ones, they are our own) and it will back up your existing FSX textures. Restoring those textures is as easy as clicking on the "restore" button.

It appears to restore visibility to FS9 > FSX aircraft and does not appear to harm the FSX SDK created aircraft in any way.

You may use it, upload it, include it, whatever... but all we ask is that you give us credit.

Now get back to flying your favorites again in FSX. Smile

www.flight1software.co...ainfix.exe

Regards,

Jim Rhoads
Flight1

Wink

-> FSX