Looking for VERY old issues of AFV News.... Help!
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Looking for VERY old issues of AFV News.... Help! Author: ChrisLS PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:35 pm
    ----
Guys

I'm trying to complete my reference collection of AFV News, and just wondered whether anyone is clearing their stuff and might have the following:

Vol. 3 (1968) any
Vol. 4 (1969) 1,2,4,6
Vol. 5 (1970) any
Vol. 6 (1971) 3,4,5,6
Vol. 7 (1972) 6
Vol. 18 (1983) 1,2
Vol. 20 (1985) 2,3

Any assistance would be hugely appreciated. Ever the optimist....

Chris Lloyd-Staples

MAFVA Information Officer
AMPS 2VP (Int.)

#2: Re: Looking for VERY old issues of AFV News.... Help! Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:30 pm
    ----
Chris, I have a number of early issues that are duplicates, but I am at work on a drilling rig. Will be home in a couple of weeks. Will let you know if I have any of these.

Charles

#3: Re: Looking for VERY old issues of AFV News.... Help! Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:48 pm
    ----
Its about time a CD was produced with all the back issues on it...

#4: Re: Looking for VERY old issues of AFV News.... Help! Author: ChrisLS PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:00 am
    ----
- Tanklord
Chris, I have a number of early issues that are duplicates, but I am at work on a drilling rig. Will be home in a couple of weeks. Will let you know if I have any of these.

Charles

Wow, that would be GREAT!

I'd be so VERY grateful for any help, Charles

#5: Re: Looking for VERY old issues of AFV News.... Help! Author: Jim_Coles PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:37 am
    ----
I don't have duplicates but could provide scans of about 2/3 of the requested issues if you would like.

#6: Re: Looking for VERY old issues of AFV News.... Help! Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:29 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
Its about time a CD was produced with all the back issues on it...

Just to state the obvious - Producing such a CD would need to include getting the permission of the copyright owner. I know George stops in here at least occasionally so anyone who wanted to undertake such a project could contact him and work out the details.

And to comment on the offer of providing scans of the issues.

If you were considering scanning entire issues of the publication I would suggest that you reconsider unless you get permission of the copyright owner. copying short excerpts of a publication for personbal use is generally considered to be 'fair use' but copying an entire pubblication is considered to be a violation. Determining the exact point where the line is crossed is up to lawyers and courts and generally gets expensive to both sides to determine.

There is also the obligatory disclaimer - I am not a lawyer and have no special knowledge of copyright law (especially Canadian or international) and would not even pretend to offer actual legal advice to anyone ...

#7: Re: Looking for VERY old issues of AFV News.... Help! Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:35 am
    ----
Chris, I just got home and I found mine starts at Vol. 11 thru 17, then 26 to the present time. I know of another guy locally that has some. Will see him after the holidays. Don't give up!

#8: Re: Looking for VERY old issues of AFV News.... Help! Author: ChrisLS PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:44 pm
    ----
- Jim_Coles
I don't have duplicates but could provide scans of about 2/3 of the requested issues if you would like.

Hi Jim

The only missing copies now are Vol.3 #2, Vol.3 #3 and Vol.5 #3

If you can help with these in any way, I'd be hugemly grateful.

Chris

#9: Re: Looking for VERY old issues of AFV News.... Help! Author: Jim_Coles PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:39 pm
    ----
- ChrisLS
- Jim_Coles

Hi Jim

The only missing copies now are Vol.3 #2, Vol.3 #3 and Vol.5 #3

If you can help with these in any way, I'd be hugemly grateful.

Chris

I'm afraid that my collection is missing all of Vol.3 and Vol.5 #3 and #4. Sorry.

#10: Re: Looking for VERY old issues of AFV News.... Help! Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:39 am
    ----
I would recommend looking on Ebay. For example, I just got 50 issues (1966-1978) for just $30 Smile

Neil

#11: Re: Looking for VERY old issues of AFV News.... Help! Author: HellonwheelsV100 PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:50 am
    ----
Does anyone know if any issues ever had any info on the Cadillac Gage Commando Scout??

#12: Re: Looking for VERY old issues of AFV News.... Help! Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:55 am
    ----
I'll tell you once I get those issues in Wink

Of course I know I still owe you some scans of some Scout material I have...

Neil

#13: Re: Looking for VERY old issues of AFV News.... Help! Author: HellonwheelsV100 PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:19 pm
    ----
Will happily pay for any copies.

Just got a factory model of the Scout- 1/24th scale.

#14: Re: Looking for VERY old issues of AFV News.... Help! Author: Jim_Coles PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:17 am
    ----
- HellonwheelsV100
Does anyone know if any issues ever had any info on the Cadillac Gage Commando Scout??

There was an article on the development of the V-100/M706 in Vol. 34#2, with side view drawings of the various development stages. Other references:

RT Vol.11#11 - photos and drawings of V-100 - AVGP trial vehicle 1976
AFV-G2 Vol 3#1, Vol.3#2, Vol6#8 - Photos of vehicles in Vietnam
IPMSQ Vol.15#4 - Photos of vehicles in Vietnam

#15: Re: Looking for VERY old issues of AFV News.... Help! Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:11 pm
    ----
There is also an article on the "New Commando V-100" by Al Clemens in Vol 5 No 2 (March 1970).

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board