NEW - 1/35 ONTOS kit from Academy
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: NEW - 1/35 ONTOS kit from Academy Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:09 pm
    ----
For those ONTOS fans.

www.armorama.com/modul...e&sid=6096

#2: Re: NEW - 1/35 ONTOS kit from Academy Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:25 pm
    ----
Do we know anyone that is interested in these? Rolling Eyes

#3: Re: NEW - 1/35 ONTOS kit from Academy Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:51 pm
    ----
Hmmmmm......

ME,ME,ME !!!

#4: Re: NEW - 1/35 ONTOS kit from Academy Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:54 am
    ----
May it be blessed with a one-piece barrel. Laughing

#5: Re: NEW - 1/35 ONTOS kit from Academy Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:05 pm
    ----
More pictures here:

mmzone.co.kr/forum/top...art_page=0 Razz

#6: Re: NEW - 1/35 ONTOS kit from Academy Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:35 am
    ----
Hi,

Even if the barrels aren't one piece, or straight, it will be a matter of a few weeks before machined metal barrels are available from one of the aftermarket companies. This is gonna be cool!

C

#7: Re: NEW - 1/35 ONTOS kit from Academy Author: sapper141 PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:31 pm
    ----
Dontos
With all the info and experience you've gained on the ontos you should look into doing either a tech book or walk around for either Osprey or Squadron books. I know being a modeller myself, good information is always appreciated.
Seeya

#8: Re: NEW - 1/35 ONTOS kit from Academy Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:17 am
    ----
Sapper

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I've entertained the notion in the past but I guess the timing wasn't right.

Perhaps its time to dust off the volumes of research and see if 'anyone' is open to the suggestion.

Just another item to add to my 'New Years Resolution' list.n Cool

Regards
Don

#9: Re: NEW - 1/35 ONTOS kit from Academy Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:25 pm
    ----
- Dontos
Sapper

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I've entertained the notion in the past but I guess the timing wasn't right.

Perhaps its time to dust off the volumes of research and see if 'anyone' is open to the suggestion.

Just another item to add to my 'New Years Resolution' list.n Cool

Regards
Don

Don,
A few of us on this board can put you in contact with the right people should you choose to do a Squadron book as Sapper suggested Wink Wink .

#10: Re: NEW - 1/35 ONTOS kit from Academy Author: sapper141 PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:45 pm
    ----
Here a few extra pics I found on Ebay for those interested
cgi.ebay.com/USMC-M50-...2a03766bef
Seeya

#11: Re: NEW - 1/35 ONTOS kit from Academy Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:07 am
    ----
HEY COOL!! Thanks Sapper

The first frontal photo is the Patton Museum Ontos.

Thats 'MY PIG'......(Below photo taken today)

The other two photos are 'a stumper'. I believe that may be the the Ontos that is at Quantico. although the first time I've seen this USMC # in an image. Hmmmmmm Wink

Regards
Don

#12: Re: NEW - 1/35 ONTOS kit from Academy Author: 68BarracudaLocation: Ridgecrest Ca. (China Lake NAWC) PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:20 am
    ----
Just checked my list and it's not there either.....didn't think it would be but checked anyway!

#13: Re: NEW - 1/35 ONTOS kit from Academy Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:27 am
    ----
Hey Rob

Good to see you on. Been awhile.

Thanks for backing me up. I did a quick run thru on the USMC register, but it was an older version.

Merry Christmas to you and the Family.
Regards
Don

#14: Re: NEW - 1/35 ONTOS kit from Academy Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:54 am
    ----
Glad to see this thing....

hopefully the future will see a set of crewman and accessories

Any idea how the interior looks????

Shawn

#15: Re: NEW - 1/35 ONTOS kit from Academy Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:02 am
    ----
Oh yeah,.... Cool

Something like this.....

Regards
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board