Cavalry Centre, Fort Adison, Saraburi (Thailand)
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Cavalry Centre, Fort Adison, Saraburi (Thailand) Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:44 pm
    ----
Interesting vehicles at Cavalry Centre, Fort Adison, Saraburi (Thailand) :

- M8 Greyhound
- Bren Carrier
- Renault UE
- M24 Chaffee
- Stadhound AA
- Typ 95 Ha-Go
- Vickers AA Carrier !!!

s204.photobucket.com/a.../Thailand/

#2: Re: Cavalry Centre, Fort Adison, Saraburi (Thailand) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:20 am
    ----
Wonder if the Renault UE was modified by the germ,ans and reused by the french after WW II, or it's a 100% french thing...

#3: Re: Cavalry Centre, Fort Adison, Saraburi (Thailand) Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:00 am
    ----
The most interesting is the Vickers AA Carrier (I read that 5 of those survived in Thailand)
I wonder is there somewhere a Vickers 6 Ton Tank / Tickers Typ E in Thailand.

#4: Re: Cavalry Centre, Fort Adison, Saraburi (Thailand) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:58 am
    ----
well, I didn't find anything about the Vickers AA Carrier, is there any picture or text about this model on the internet?

P-O

#5: Re: Cavalry Centre, Fort Adison, Saraburi (Thailand) Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:14 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
well, I didn't find anything about the Vickers AA Carrier, is there any picture or text about this model on the internet?

P-O

Yes your just not looking on the correct website or under the correct name. These were Dragon Medium Mk IVs and 26 were sold to Siam [Thailand] in 1933. I doubt that they were sold as AA vehicles and were more likely to be fire support.

#6: Re: Cavalry Centre, Fort Adison, Saraburi (Thailand) Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:33 am
    ----

"Here's a Thai "Type 76 AA Vehicle". So far I've located a total of five; they are housed by the following units:

1. The Reserve Affairs Centre on Viphavadi Road.
2. The 6th AA Regiment on Chaengwattana Road.
3. The 7th AA Regiment in Pathum Thani.
4. The Cavalry Centre at Fort Adison in Saraburi.
5. Provincial Army HQ, Uttaradit"

#7: Re: Cavalry Centre, Fort Adison, Saraburi (Thailand) Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:41 am
    ----
- bialy-r
"Here's a Thai "Type 76 AA Vehicle"

I don't know where that designation comes from but it doesn't appear in Vickers records in relation to that vehicle - however its does appear in relation to some reconditioned 3-inch AA guns that were ordered by the government of Siam/Thailand..

#8: Re: Cavalry Centre, Fort Adison, Saraburi (Thailand) Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:28 am
    ----
New photo gallery

www.yadlashiryon.com/s...itemType=0

-> AFV News Discussion Board