Looking for T-72 pictures for identification
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Looking for T-72 pictures for identification Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:51 pm
    ----
Looking for photos of T-72 located at the places mentioned below.

Preferable the frontal area for identification purposes, but other pictures are also welcome for linking to my database.

Below an example of the areas I'am interested in

GERMANY
Dresden

USA
Fort Benning, Georgia
Fort Bliss, Texas
Fort Dix, New Jersey
Fort McPherson, Georgia
Fort Riley, Kansas
Huntsville, Alabama
Yakima, Washington

Regards,
Lesley

Last edited by L.Delsing on Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:15 pm; edited 5 times in total

#2: Re: Looking for T-72 pictures for identification Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:36 pm
    ----
Here you can see pics fom Full. If you manage to figure out something about this tank, let me know, I would love to get any additional information. I plan to visit the museum later this year, I would be able to take more shots if you need more:

Massimo

#3: Re: Looking for T-72 pictures for identification Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:41 pm
    ----
Hi Lesley,

The only picture I could find of the T-72 at Dresden comes from Wikipedia
commons.wikimedia.org/...den_72.jpg

This will do for the German AFV register, most likely not for your database

I have only good pictures of the one at Kapellen, Belgium if you are interrested

Michel

#4: Re: Looking for T-72 pictures for identification Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:29 pm
    ----
@ Massimo; as far I can see it is an early T-72M from the Czech/Chechoslovak army. Thanks for the picture!

@ Michel: it will certainly do! here also early M from what I can see. They have two T-72s over there in Dresden. I am interested in the Kapellen T-72 pictures!

Thanks!
Regards,
Lesley

#5: Re: Looking for T-72 pictures for identification Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:03 pm
    ----
He Lesley,

I will put them on photobucket and will let you know Wink

Michel

#6: Re: Looking for T-72 pictures for identification Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
    ----
He Lesley

Put my picture's of the static diplay on photobucket
s1015.photobucket.com/...9-09/T72M/

They also had an dynamic display the day of my visit, I have some picture's of this also
However these where just for fun

For I forget, there is also an T72TK Bergepanzer (ARV) at the museum of Dresden
It is 1 of only 3 ever made and they where delivered to the NVA just before the collapse of the wall
One vehicle in Dresden, one went to the UK and one went to Poland

German text only !
www.hardthoehenkurier....p;Itemid=1

Michel

#7: Re: Looking for T-72 pictures for identification Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:13 am
    ----
Here's the one in Calgary:

www.kcamps.org/gallery...emId=20651

#8: Re: Looking for T-72 pictures for identification Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:39 pm
    ----
Lesley: T-72 at Duxford, but the opposite end to what you want, sorry!

T-72 at Duxford

In case it's of interest, here's a full list of the T-72s online so far:

Preserved T-72s

#9: Re: Looking for T-72 pictures for identification Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:41 pm
    ----
Lesley

Here is one of the T72M1's when it arrived here at Ft Knox immediately following Desert Storm. Its dated May 1991.

Its one of yesterdays 'find'.

Regards
Don

#10: Re: Looking for T-72 pictures for identification Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:09 am
    ----
Photos of two of the T-72s from Ft Hood, TX.

#11: Re: Looking for T-72 pictures for identification Author: gregv PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:48 pm
    ----
hello

my pics from a 2006 visit to the Museum of The Regiments, Calgary AB on my webshots account; the quality is not that great as I was using a new camera and had some weird settings going on....

Here's a frontal of the T-72:

more shots of the T-72 as well as both the indoor and outdoor displays can be found by following the links to the album.

Hope this helps.

cheers

greg v.

#12: Re: Looking for T-72 pictures for identification Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:55 pm
    ----
- Dontos
Lesley

Here is one of the T72M1's when it arrived here at Ft Knox immediately following Desert Storm. Its dated May 1991.

Its one of yesterdays 'find'.

Regards
Don

Wow, "Smoke Launchers R Us"!

I'm somewhat surprised they were still using B&W to document stuff like this in '91.

#13: Re: Looking for T-72 pictures for identification Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:25 pm
    ----
You may call my "strange", however I like the T72 tank Cool

Don't know what it is (the total design, the appearance, Confused ), or how to descripe it

I just ........... like them Neutral

Michel

#14: Re: Looking for T-72 pictures for identification Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:06 pm
    ----
Took a while, I was busy with some finals tests at my work.

Thank you very much for the pictures!

Regards,
Lesley

#15: Re: Looking for T-72 pictures for identification Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:18 am
    ----
Poland
Zagan
picasaweb.google.com/p..._Zagan_JW#

-> AFV News Discussion Board