Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ???
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:22 am
    ----
I'm a little bit short on funds.

M60A1 on Ebay

I'd love to have her, guess I need to buy some Powerball tickets and hope I'm lucky Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

#2: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:33 am
    ----
dumb question on my part, maybe, but how does one get title to a M60?

#3: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:50 am
    ----
My next dumb question - can that be real Blazer ERA? In private hands??? It is an explosive after all right?

I would think they're mockups, but that's not what the description says...

Neil

#4: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:02 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
My next dumb question - can that be real Blazer ERA? In private hands??? It is an explosive after all right?

I would think they're mockups, but that's not what the description says...

Neil

Neil,
Well, it does, really. You can assume that they are inert.

"has been upgraded with the reactive armor boxes that you see around the turret. There are no real guns or armament of any kind on this vehicle."

#5: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: ddoyle PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:11 am
    ----
I actually know the guy that owns this - and I believe, the guy he got it from as well. And yep, its the real deal - sans live weaponry and reactive armor.

Best wishes,
David Doyle

#6: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:42 pm
    ----
I wonder if Littlefield's Armor Foundation would be interested?

#7: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:46 pm
    ----
I was interested, but there no mention of how much shipping would be? Razz

#8: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:23 pm
    ----
Truck transportation although possible would be near prohibitivly expensive.

Due to individual State Highway movement restrictions / requirements, transportation costs are going to be VERY HIGH.

Of course the closer to East Texas, the better. Lets see Arkansas or Louisiana are close...... Wink

Regards
Don

#9: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:07 pm
    ----
Bought my Powerball Ticket last night, Drawing is tonight Wink

#10: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:47 pm
    ----
Of course, you do know I WAS kiddin' ... right? I don't think USPS or FedEx can handle her.

#11: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:51 pm
    ----
Let's see, I have put the pro's and contra's against each other:

pro: you will have an nice piece of hardware

contra: buy-ing an tank, in the US, through E-bay, that still has life weaponry and is packed with explosive's
And then shipped it to the port of Rotterdam and have it transported to my home

I think it will be cheaper just to burn the $300.000
Save's me money from shipping and the big fine from US and Dutch custom's

From the US custom's for illegal exporting weapons and from Dutch custom's for illegal importing weapons

Also the tank will end up at the scrap yard...... Neutral

It is difficult to make an decision, however I think I have to turn down you're offer for funding Mr. Green

Michel

#12: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:04 pm
    ----
Would "1982" actually be the rebuild date?

#13: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:35 pm
    ----
- Joe_D

I picked mine up yesterday (along with Mega Millions)

#14: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:41 pm
    ----
Would "1982" actually be the rebuild date?

Mark, I'm pretty sure that's her original build date. USMC got their last M60A1's around that time. Her SN would be in the 10,000 series. There are a few at Chiraco Summit California that fall in that category. I guess I could call the number and find out if he's willing to divulge the serial number to know for sure.

Then again, when I hit the Powerball tonight I'll just check it out in person when she's delivered Smile Laughing Smile Laughing

#15: Re: Anyone want to "Time Share" a tank with me ??? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:27 am
    ----
- bsmart
- Joe_D

I picked mine up yesterday (along with Mega Millions)

Bob,
You gonna' remember your friends?
Laughing

-> AFV News Discussion Board