Archive Photos - Patton Museum
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Archive Photos - Patton Museum Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:30 pm
    ----
I stumbled onto an excellent collection of archived photos on the many vehicles in the Museums Collection.

Figured some would be interested in these.

The M4A3E8 currently still at Brooks Field:

The M113A1 'ACAV' currently on static display in front of the Patton Museum:

The RSO which currently fully disassembled and located in RMP:

The Sd Kfz 223 (funk) which has been cosmetically restored and on display in the Museums WWII Gallery:

The Sd Kfz 234/4 currently stored in RMP:

The StuG III ausf G which is currently being stored in RMP:

BTW: I will add to the images at this link:
s44.photobucket.com/al...0Archives/

Regards
Don

#2: Re: Archive Photos - Patton Museum Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:53 pm
    ----
Here is the Patton Gallery circa 1960-ish.

A lot of German Armor, some which no longer is in the collection. Included are both Panzer III's....

Regards
Don

#3: Re: Archive Photos - Patton Museum Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:15 pm
    ----
Don, is it ok If I post some early Patton Museum pics on your thread? I don't wanna steal the thread, its not the same pics you have.

#4: Re: Archive Photos - Patton Museum Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:31 pm
    ----
Sure, no problem.

Its all from the same source and it gives those who are interested a better idea of some of those older 'original' vehicles (ie condition / paint)

Thanks
Don

#5: Re: Archive Photos - Patton Museum Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:38 pm
    ----
Ok here we go, as Don says early 60's

#6: Re: Archive Photos - Patton Museum Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:43 pm
    ----
I hope the is within the photo posting guidlines, 10 per post. if not I'll delete them.

#7: Re: Archive Photos - Patton Museum Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:45 pm
    ----
Last but not least......

#8: Re: Archive Photos - Patton Museum Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:40 pm
    ----
very.interesting photos thanks
Dennis

#9: Re: Archive Photos - Patton Museum Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:01 am
    ----
Hi,

Great photos. It's neat to see what was, but sad to think that some of those vehicles are lost forever.

Chuck

#10: Re: Archive Photos - Patton Museum Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:51 am
    ----
AJ

Asome stuff. Here are a few notes from your photos.

Although most are from the early 60's. Some are from the mid-50's.

#5 is actually circa 1972. The Ontos arrived in 1971 so that helps date that photo.

#11 is a view of the Panzer III w/ schutzen before it was fully restored and is now operational.

#16 exterior view, shows the Hummel that was returned to Germany and is fully restored.

#19 is one of the two Sd Kfz 251/9's that was part of the original collection that has dissappeared to 'range target' duty. Crying or Very sad

Regards
Don

#11: Re: Archive Photos - Patton Museum Author: panamadan PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:41 am
    ----
It looks like the long barreled III had no tracks back in the day.
Dan

-> AFV News Discussion Board