Is there anything to do in Wellington NZ
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Is there anything to do in Wellington NZ Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:12 am
    ----
My son is leaving later this week for a short business trip to Wellington NZ. He will be there for several days and is curious if there is anything he should see while there. Also if there are any AFVs that he should try and get pictures of he will try.

Any suggestions?

#2: Re: Is there anything to do in Wellington NZ Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:20 am
    ----
A little too early for ski season, if he does that sort of thing.

#3: Re: Is there anything to do in Wellington NZ Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:37 am
    ----
First off, wikitravel is a good place to start.

wikitravel.org/en/Wellington

Secondly, in terms of AFVs, the New Zealand Army Museum is most likely the best place to go. www.armymuseum.co.nz/visit-us/

Neil

#4: Re: Is there anything to do in Wellington NZ Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:54 pm
    ----
I found this with a google - it sounds like it's near Wellington:

www.travelpod.com/trav.../tpod.html

#5: Re: Is there anything to do in Wellington NZ Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:52 pm
    ----
Looks like the Army museum... I think Military Machines International, or Classic Military Vehicles just had a piece on it...

Neil

#6: Re: Is there anything to do in Wellington NZ Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:33 pm
    ----
It is the New Zealand Army Museum at Waiouru
Same tank, better ligth Mr. Green
davidwallphoto.com/ima...AE1%7D.jpg

I don't what close to your standards, however this museum is almost an 4 hour drive from Wellington

Link to the museum
www.armymuseum.co.nz/

Michel

#7: Re: Is there anything to do in Wellington NZ Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:26 am
    ----
Coastal defenses....some forts

-> AFV News Discussion Board