Greetings everyone.
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Greetings everyone. Author: Stegner PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:08 pm
    ----
Hello everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi. I work at the South African Museum of Military History over here as the workshop supervisor. I used to frequent the old newsgroup before registration was needed and have been lurking for some time now but finally decided to join and benefit from the great information and guys found here, and maybe share something with you all too.

All the best
Steve

#2: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:53 pm
    ----
WOW

Welcome Steve!!

I nice to see somemore Museum 'Worker Bee' types on the forum.

Regards
Don

#3: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: Stegner PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:08 pm
    ----
Thanks for the welcome Don I appreciate it.

Regards
Steve

#4: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:28 pm
    ----
Greetings and welcome to our little slice of heaven here on the internet, Steve! Good to have you out of "lurker" status.

Welcome

#5: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:07 am
    ----
A big welcome!

#6: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:38 am
    ----
Welcome back Steve?

I guess you wrote this:
www.ambbrescia.com/pho...35_sa.html

The work you did on that tank is just great

Massimo

#7: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: blackdog PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:51 am
    ----
Looking at the above link, I found this page to be very interesting:

www.ambbrescia.com/pho...wheel.html

Steve, could you elaborate on the technique you used to restore the roadwheels?

Thanks,

Brian

#8: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:47 pm
    ----
Welcome on board

Another "Museum Worker Bee type" we can annoy with questions Mr. Green

Michel

#9: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:14 pm
    ----
Welcome aboard!

Do you speak Afrikaans?

If so, the Dutch contingent can communicate in Dutch / Afrikaans with you Mr. Green

Regards,
Lesley

#10: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:01 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
Welcome aboard!

Do you speak Afrikaans?

If so, the Dutch contingent can communicate in Dutch / Afrikaans with you Mr. Green

Regards,
Lesley

...and then go about conspiring ways to never pick up the beer tab. Laughing

#11: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: Stegner PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:06 pm
    ----
Thanks everyone I appreciate the welcome, really. Hi Massimo, yes thats my work and thanks for the kind words about my restoration of the Cv33 I don't think it is a hundred percent accurate but it was the best I could do with the available information. Hi Lesley, Ja, ek kan die taal praat, dit help nogal om geheime the hou ne? I must say I like the way this bulletin board is set up so that one can read all the messages posted and respond without having to go back and remember everyone's name.

Thanks all once again.

Steve

#12: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: Stegner PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:48 pm
    ----
Hi Blackdog, the wheels were made by firstly making a fibreglass mould from the one remaining wheel, then the hubs of the wheels needing renovation were clamped between the two halves of the fibreglass mould and polyurethan resin dyed black was mixed and poured into the mould around the hub. When cured the mould was unbolted and the finished wheel was removed, the pouring spout was cut off and cleaned up and there you have it.

Regards

Steve

#13: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:56 pm
    ----
Mr. Green Mr. Green

#14: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:48 pm
    ----
Welcome Guys who are not afraid to get there hands dirty are always in high demand.
Good to have you here.

Tichenor

-> AFV News Discussion Board