Bucharest. Muzeul Militar National
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Artillery Forum

#1: Bucharest. Muzeul Militar National Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:27 am
    ----
We talked at length about this museum on the AFV forum, it's time to dig some of its amazing artillery collection too. I am still post-processing hundreds of pictures, and posting a good selection on my Flickr page (still a work in progress):
www.flickr.com/photos/...595717860/

Here I will mainly most the most exotic pieces. Please note I may have wrong id on some guns, on many cases I had to rely on the Museum's plates. I appreciate any help on this.

First fancy piece, a WW I, Krupp 7.7 cm on anti-aircraft mount:

Massimo

#2: Re: Bucharest. Muzeul Militar National Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:38 pm
    ----
8 cm Skoda M 1914

Massimo

#3: Re: Bucharest. Muzeul Militar National Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:12 am
    ----
Skoda 30.5 cm Morser M 11/16 from WW I. There is another gun of this model in Rovereto (Italy), then one in Belgrade (Serbia). In Bucharest there a later model too (will post it later). Not sure if there are anymore survivors:

Massimo

#4: Re: Bucharest. Muzeul Militar National Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:36 pm
    ----
30.5 cm Morser M 16. This was an update to the previous 11 and 11/16 models. Could be this is the only surviving gun of this type:

Massimo

#5: Re: Bucharest. Muzeul Militar National Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:35 pm
    ----
I really appreciate that you took time to obtain and label you pics, Massimo. Now I can go back and rename some of my images files to reflect the info that I didn't have time to get, didn't see posted, or otherwise didn't know.

#6: Re: Bucharest. Muzeul Militar National Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:20 am
    ----
Glad to be of help Doug, watch the set on Flickr, I keep posting new pictures once I post-processes them:
www.flickr.com/photos/...595717860/

Massimo

#7: Re: Bucharest. Muzeul Militar National Author: Mircea87Location: Constanta, Romania PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:18 am
    ----
The gun next to this PaK 40: www.flickr.com/photos/...595717860/ (I'm talking about the one on the right, with brown paint). It's a Resita 75mm DT-UDR 26 anti-tank gun model 1943, commonly shortened to 75 mm Resita Model 1943. It's a very rare antitank gun, made in Romania. It was used after 1947 in secondary roles (training), because it had an "imperialist" caliber. So, the Army had to use inferior soviet 76 mm field guns in antitank units because of the western caliber of the DT-UDR 26. It was phased out in the early 1990s.

#8: Re: Bucharest. Muzeul Militar National Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:21 am
    ----
Thanks Mircea.I've got pictures of the Resita too, I'll post them later on (still busy post-processing). It's covered on Wikipedia:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...Model_1943

Massimo

#9: Re: Bucharest. Muzeul Militar National Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:56 am
    ----
37 mm Rheinmetall 1939

At first I was confused by the similarities with this gun and 3.7 cm Flak 36/37, but this is a different gun, designed for export.

Massimo

#10: Re: Bucharest. Muzeul Militar National Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:58 am
    ----
37 mm Bofors 1936

One of the few pieces stored indoor. Before being in Bucharest I wasn't even aware of such a model:

Massimo

#11: Re: Bucharest. Muzeul Militar National Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:00 pm
    ----
25 mm Hotchkiss 1939.

Is this the same model used by the French Army, or an export version?

Massimo

#12: Re: Bucharest. Muzeul Militar National Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:03 pm
    ----
15 cm vz-37 K-4 Skoda

This gun looks very modern, ahead of its time. Read more on Wikipedia:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...a_K-series

Massimo

#13: Re: Bucharest. Muzeul Militar National Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:06 pm
    ----
Massimo,
Did you happen to wander into the building where the mitrailleuse is displayed? It's over in the building where the uniform displays are. I have a number of pictures, if you didn't.
D.

#14: Re: Bucharest. Muzeul Militar National Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:49 pm
    ----
That building was closed the day I visited the museum. Anything special inside it in terms of heavy equipment?

Massimo

#15: Re: Bucharest. Muzeul Militar National Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:33 am
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
That building was closed the day I visited the museum. Anything special inside it in terms of heavy equipment?

Massimo

Not heavy stuff that I recall, primarily a "uniforms of old" sorta' place, by which I mean 19th and early 20th century, IIRC. This is just inside the front door.

I had a lot of good background on this gun from somebody I was corresponding with on these types of guns, but I think I lost all that at former work email and didn't save it elsewhere. Duh.

-> Artillery Forum