FX9 Troubles
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#1: FX9 Troubles Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:10 am
    ----
I'm having an issue with my FS9. I thought it was my Joystick, but it works as good as ever in FSX.
What is happening when I start a flight is my ailerons deflect to a full right turn and about 1/4 throttle. The rudder twist on the stick works OK There is no way to correct aileron or elevator with imputs from the joystick ( YOu can see a very small movement of the ailerons and elevator when you move the stick all the way to the left and up and down) The keyboard does not have any effect on the control surfaces either. The rudder pedals work OK. I have calibrated the joystick, and even reset the default settings for the controls. I have unplugged the usb and tried it in other locations with no change. Even restarted the computer. Microsoft sidewinder precision 2 stick, VISTA user

Thanks for any ideas

#2: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:30 am
    ----
is this only with one particular aircraft? if so is it a recent change? I would suspect some change either in the aircraft config. files if only a single plane is affected or FS9 config. files if it's all of them. but it may also be a change of drivers for the joystick, just a few thoughts

#3: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:54 am
    ----
sorry to hear of your troubles there Bullet,

any addons installed recently ?
remember that fsX screws up the fs9 registry entry, maybe worth checking that as well

#4: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:09 pm
    ----
Piney, all aircraft are affected.

Fled, The only addon on installed recently was a Hawaii scenery.
I did get "Speedy PC" program which "fixed registry errors" to speed up the computer. That could have done it because right after that is when the problem started.

So My next question is how do I check and fix that that?

#5: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:55 pm
    ----
did this "proggy" make a backup of your install before "applying" it's magic ?

if so then you should be able to restore it if not then .................... dunno Sad

#6: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:43 pm
    ----
I have a weird FS9 hard kickover of the rudder to the right every few seconds with all aircraft that does NOT happen in FSX. It appears not to be calibration or a fault in the joystick itself (a Saitek).

#7: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:37 pm
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
did this "proggy" make a backup of your install before "applying" it's magic ?

if so then you should be able to restore it if not then .................... dunno Sad

Tell me please, what is this? Confused

#8: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:53 pm
    ----
I do not know the proggy you used Bullet, where did you get it ?

at the moment I'm at work so rather limited in what I can do from here, in approx 8 hrs, I'll be home again Confused

#9: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:14 pm
    ----
most registry cleaners will back up your registry... try looking in your My Documents folder

#10: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:33 pm
    ----
Ok, Thanks SlowHand

#11: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:53 pm
    ----
It sounds like I have the same issue as 1Bullet. I'm not sure what the "Hawaii" addon is, but I have two installs, one with "Golden Wings" and one without. I never used to have any issues with GW, on this and another system. It now manifests this effect in both the FS9 programs.

I suspect maybe the FSX addition. More details on how to go about fixing it for the illiterate?

#12: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:06 pm
    ----
I noticed another problem as I was looking through my files. In my Fs9 downloads folder and FSX dl folder all the aircraft files I have downloaded have changed to Adobe format and will not open. Hmmm. Also when I start my computer I get two error msg.
Error loading C:\Users\Bobby\Appdata\Local\enecixafesu.dll
Error loading C:\Users\Bobby\Appdata\Local\mpsinto.dll
Maybe I need to take it to the shop.

#13: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:14 pm
    ----
installed Adobe Air by any chance ? as that's another known fs screwer up Mad

#14: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:23 pm
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
installed Adobe Air by any chance ? as that's another known fs screwer up Mad

Not me.

I have two installs, one "stock" FS9, the other with Golden Wings. I get the rudder thing with both.

Both have the-feature-that-shall-not-be-mentioned, but the problem only began more recently.

#15: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:33 pm
    ----
Looks like adobe flash player 10 activeX was installed 9-25-10. I didn't find an "Adobe air" though

-> FS2004