Recovered Vehicles
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Recovered Vehicles Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:30 pm
    ----
T-70
Stug
T-34/76
T-34/76
T-34/76 chassis
Tractors
www.sporf.ru/?????????...??????????

#2: Re: Recovered Vehicles Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:32 pm
    ----
New
Stug chassis from Belarus

ont.by/news/our_news/0061939

#3: Re: Recovered Vehicles Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:18 pm
    ----
Good job my attempts at learning Russian at school over 30 years ago, mean that I can interpret ????????? as being photographs!
The preservation of the T34 "SMELIJ" is incredible
What are the wheels unearthed with the Stalinets tractor? The remains of the gun it was towing?
[img]http://www.sporf.ru/images/phocagallery/podjem/tyagach_stalinec_Sebezh/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_tyagach_C-65_stalinec%20(32).jpg[/img]
Are there any swamps, lakes or rivers within the old borders of the Warsaw Pact countries, that don't have a tank submerged in them?

#4: Re: Recovered Vehicles Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:42 pm
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
Are there any swamps, lakes or rivers within the old borders of the Warsaw Pact countries, that don't have a tank submerged in them?

Rolling Eyes well, my own swamp doesn't have any tank in it, but is it located in France... sad thing.

Pierre-Olivier

#5: Re: Recovered Vehicles Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:46 pm
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
The preservation of the T34 "SMELIJ" is incredible

this T-34 is already listed. However, I have no info about its current state and location. I hope that it was not repainted, I would have kept it in its original paint, if possible. Wonder how it finally ended up.

Pierre-Olivier

#6: Re: Recovered Vehicles Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:53 am
    ----
All these tanks are long-time and well-known.
T-70 is in running condition in Kubinka.

There were information about "Smeliy".
It became a monument in Pskov region.

#7: Re: Recovered Vehicles Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:35 am
    ----
- bialy-r
New
Stug chassis from Belarus

ont.by/news/our_news/0061939

Apparently, this chassis will be restored and displayed in the Stalin Line museum (Belarus). The restoration should be finished for June 22, 2011 (70 years of Operation Barbarossa beginning).

Pierre-Olivier

#8: Re: Recovered Vehicles Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:36 am
    ----
- Koluchiy
There were information about "Smeliy".
It became a monument in Pskov region.

Do you have any picture of it, in its current condition, please?

Pierre-Olivier

#9: Re: Recovered Vehicles Author: sarge5020 PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:04 pm
    ----
Wouldn't it be great to take some vacation time and go over to help in a recovery? The things that dreams are made of.

#10: Re: Recovered Vehicles Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:32 pm
    ----
www.vincelewis.net/t342.html
This looks like it.
However, it says that the tank's displayed in Kubinka.
Here's 140 more photos of the beast.
And a list of surviving T34/76
legion-afv.narod.ru/T-34-76.html

#11: Re: Recovered Vehicles Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:01 pm
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
http://www.vincelewis.net/t342.html
This looks like it.

this is not "Smeliy" but "Sniper", another T-34/76 recovered from a swamp..

Pierre-Olivier

#12: Re: Recovered Vehicles Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:02 pm
    ----
The text tells that there are one more tank in that swamp, (I used google translate to learn this).

#13: Re: Recovered Vehicles Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:46 pm
    ----
New stug ?
It could be recovered from the ship "Santa-Fe"
forum.violity.kiev.ua/...?id=834922

#14: Re: Recovered Vehicles Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:26 pm
    ----
this will help translate, not perfect but will give you a idea of what's being said....I keep it in Favorites babelfish.yahoo.com/

#15: Re: Recovered Vehicles Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:57 pm
    ----
I prefer Google Translate, seems more accurate and more languages.
translate.google.com/#ar|en|
Looks like it is a Santa Fe Stug, unless someones found another wreck in open seas with Stugs onboard.
Looks like it'll take quite some restoration, the fighting compartment appears to be almost falling off.

-> AFV News Discussion Board