New M4A3E2 Model ?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: New M4A3E2 Model ? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:34 am
    ----
I got this 'tip' from a friend who thought I'd be interested.

www.tasca-modellismo.c...4a3e2.html

While checking it out, a few questions came to mind.

I wondered who did the research for this kit? The decals seem to be quite limited in choice. Why no 'Cobra King'...

Also the cover art is good but the details are a bit inaccurate. The photo that this came from was 4 ADs, 37th Tank Bn in March 1945. But the markings are 3 ADs 33 Tank Bn.

Perhaps I'm being abit overly critical but the subject is very 'near & dear to my heart'.

The option idea for the M4A3E2 with 75mm or 76mm is pretty cool. Why no 'rebar & chicken wire' option that is plainly on the 4AD tank photo that the cover art is taken from....?

Inquiring minds want to know... Mr. Green
Regards
Don

#2: Re: New M4A3E2 Model ? Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:21 pm
    ----
I don't know who did the box art research but it wouldn't be the first time nor will it be the last that the box art is off compared to the real picture. A bit of artistic license on their part?

I too am surprised by the lack of "Cobra King" markings however, that's where the after market decal companies will come into play.

As for "rebar & chicken wire" option, that's something that model companies always leave to the modeler as the manufacturers usually want to produce just the base model. The inclusion of the 76mm barrel is a simple yet nice touch.

#3: Re: New M4A3E2 Model ? Author: panamadan PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:34 pm
    ----
I've built a few of Tasca's models and they make the best Shermans in 35th period. That being said, decals are a very weak point with them and one has to go to aftermarket to get what one wants.
They have just come out with a M4A3E8 with T66 tracks and it's the best thing since sliced bread.
As Chris said, rebarb and chicked wire would be hard to do in plastic and is best done thru aftermarket.
I was actually thinking of heading up to Ripley today and getting pics of their Jumbo.
Don-get one and work on it when you are not taking pictures of the move!
Dan

#4: Re: New M4A3E2 Model ? Author: panamadan PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:18 pm
    ----
A review of their 'E8 kit: armorama.com/modules.p...nt&id=5567

Dan

#5: Re: New M4A3E2 Model ? Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:09 pm
    ----
- panamadan

They have just come out with a M4A3E8 with T66 tracks and it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Dan's right about the Tasca M4A3(76)HVSS. It's a real nice kit. I'm sure the E2 will be just as good.

- panamadan

I was actually thinking of heading up to Ripley today and getting pics of their Jumbo.

I'm working a full day of overtime today but I'll be sure to head up to the MVTF and get more pics of their Jumbo next week.

BTW, does anybody have any good pics of a complete or nearly complete M4A3(75)W interior? Just thought I'd ask.

#6: Re: New M4A3E2 Model ? Author: binder001 PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:29 pm
    ----
Don - The upcoming TASCA release will certainly be the best plastic model of this tank produced so far. The old Tamiya version is fair at best. The resin conversions by Formations and Blast are both excellent.

Chris - I have some "through the hatch" shots of the Patton Museum's M4A3 75W at; picasaweb.google.com/g...seum52009#

Gary B.

#7: Re: New M4A3E2 Model ? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:25 am
    ----
Chris

uh,.....yeah. 'Blockbuster' is quite complete AND I just so happened to have had the chance to take a few good photos & a 100 or so blurry ones, today. I guess we can work something out,.....

Regards
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board