Another PzIII or IV?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Another PzIII or IV? Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:20 pm
    ----

Skar?ysko-Kamienna Muzeum Or?a Bia?ego -zapraszamy
www.panoramio.com/photo/23977369
And a Stug - edit, I see this one's already on the PzIV-based vehicles list.

Another one of the PzIV here www.dws.org.pl/viewtop...p;t=118869
And here fotopolska.eu/14840,foto.html

#2: Re: Another PzIII or IV? (& a Stug) Author: JiriTinteraLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:38 pm
    ----
Muzeum Bialego Orla
Skarzysko-Kamienna
Poland

Hull of Pz. Kpfw. IV

#3: Re: Another PzIII or IV? Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:59 pm
    ----
Memo to self, update .pdf collection!

#4: Re: Another PzIII or IV? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:26 pm
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
Memo to self, update .pdf collection!

this hull appears on the Panzer parts PDF file, not on the Panzer IV PDF list.

P-O

#5: Re: Another PzIII or IV? Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:37 pm
    ----
Speaking of Panzer parts, I've not seen this PzII hull before.
fotovalkirumodelism.co...p?page=288
"The memorial complex''Fame''Frontier Village. Lenine Istra district of Moscow region"
(And the rest of that website's worth having a look at!)
WTF's this?

#6: Re: Another PzIII or IV? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:35 pm
    ----
I've covered the Skarzysko-Karmienna collection here - it does have some interesting stuff:

Muzeum Orla Bialego

The Panzer II looks like the one at Snegiri:

Snegiri

The WTF looks to me like a so-called Odessa tank - there's a bit more information about them here, in the paragraph entitled 'External Display Area':

Kubinka: Soviet Vehicles

#7: Re: Another PzIII or IV? Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:54 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
The Panzer II looks like the one at Snegiri:

Snegiri

I'd go with that. Istra & Snegiri aren't far apart, so whether it's been moved at some time?

#8: Re: Another PzIII or IV? Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:16 pm
    ----
That is the PzII from Lenino/Snegiri, but the WTF is not the one at Kubinka. Ive seen them pretty recent.

#9: Re: Another PzIII or IV? Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:34 am
    ----
The WTF is at Odessa
fotovalkirumodelism.co...p?page=212
A Memorial of the 411 Battery.
www.otdihinfo.ru/photo/584.html
So an "Odessa Tank" it is.

Since I can't copy & paste that into Google Translate can one of our Russian friends translate it?

periskop.livejournal.c...09749.html
Scrolling down to the forum, shows a period picture of the thing.

#10: Re: Another PzIII or IV? Author: palic PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:09 am
    ----
Pure transcription is "Na Ispug" and that can be translated as "For Frightening" (to make them frightened, scared)... These were built on commercial caterpillar tractors chassis in Odessa region during the siege of town so that is the reason of calling them "Odessa tanks". These vehicles had either fixedsuperstructure or even small turret with MG ball mounts.

#11: Re: Another PzIII or IV? Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:41 pm
    ----
Thanks Palic, I may have "learnt" Russian at school, but that was over 30 years ago!

#12: Re: Another PzIII or IV? Author: recceboyLocation: Edmonton,Alberta PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:49 am
    ----
Muzeum Bialego Orla
Skarzysko-Kamienna
Poland

I have been to this interesting Museum and after getting the right directions from a local gas station, found it and toured the great displays.

As to the Hull of Pz. Kpfw. IV there was talk that they are looking at restoring this one, not sure by how much. It now has a new rear end with idler mounts all painted primer.

Anthony

-> AFV News Discussion Board