Gmax Source Available for the D18S
-> FS2004

#1: Gmax Source Available for the D18S Author: MiltonLocation: New Mexico PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:45 pm
    ----
Gentlemen and Ladies

You know, there were so many of these aircraft touched by so many people in so many countries, no one model does them all justice. No way can we provide a likeness to all the variants, all the panels, all the paint schemes, and that is somewhat sad.

We would like to make the Gmax source available to the community of designers to continue the efforts in salute to this bird and the people who were touched by them.

As such, I am making the Gmax source available to anyone who wishes to use it ... for reference, for parts, for modifications, enhancements or whatever as long as the end product is freeware and no money is made from the efforts or original file.

The Gmax source is available here:

www.flightsimonline.co...8_d18s.zip

We do hope that others will create variants, floats, etc to enhance the Beechcraft 18 experience and help others relive the memories.

Have fun while I take a short break and prepare for the next project. Smile

#2: Re: Gmax Source Available for the D18S Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:36 am
    ----
Milton,

in one word Chapeau, I can't think of a word in english that has that ring to it, translated it would mean "my hat is off for you to a great salute" forgive this daft foreigner, but sometimes there are expresions in your lenguage that I do not command. Laughing
I could try to say it in dutch, but that would sound like mumbo jumbo to you.
in other words

Thank you !!!

fled
Mr. Green

#3: Re: Gmax Source Available for the D18S Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:44 am
    ----
Hallo, Milton!

Given the enthusiasm exploding around this marvel, I really hope some of our mates here will take advantage of this offer of yours.

Indeed, I'm stunned: this is the first time, since I've been involved in the flight sim community years ago, that I witness such a generous gift, so, even though I have no skills to put my hands on such a job, I guess I'm interpreting the feelings of our whole community if I deeply thank you for this unexpected and very much appreciated present.

Fled's comment fits perfectly the case, and me too can't find a more proper word than chapeau - and consider I'm a bit allergic to French language! Wink

P.S.: case you missed to notice that, the thread announcing the Beech is by far and large the most visited in the whole FS2004 forum - I'm proud I've been the one that started it Mr. Green

Marco

-> FS2004