Hold on to your hats
-> FS2004

#1: Hold on to your hats Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:43 am
    ----
just posted as freeware a simviation is one of the revolutionary new planes being developed for FS2004

Bull Stearman Package
40.96Mb (231 downloads)
Bull Stearman Package. Complex aircraft model for FS2004.
Posted Feb 25, 2011 14:28 by Touch the Sky Simulations - Douglas Kallen

why revolutionary? The developers have devised a way to bypass the number of polygons that limited the shapes used in design for aircraft imposed by the FS2004 framework. This was a 65,000 polycount limit This has allowed the development of FS2004 aircraft with an amazing level of detail and animation that has to be seen to be truly appreciated. This new Stearman has over 400,000 polygons , far surpassing the old limit and putting it on par with or ahead of, in some cases, FSX

review here

simflight.com/2011/02/...04-models/

#2: Re: Hold on to your hats Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:02 pm
    ----
- simFlight.com
PT says he will be releasing this beauty soon to the world as freeware and a proof that such technology can be done in FS2004.. He is presently now hard at work on a Saber jet fighter classic. I can only imagine what that will look like with this Boeing Stearman being the fore runner of his new ‘barrier-less’ abilities.

Outstanding work indeed! Although, one has to think about the aging 2004 sim and if someone will try to update this into FSX.. *Looking around*...

Thanks Piney!

#3: Re: Hold on to your hats Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:22 pm
    ----
Wow, man, that is just ridilicous...I'm downloadin' it as I type!!!!

I can see a whole bunch of repaints for it not just for skins, but for airframe components too like rusted-out fuselage stringers, bugs on the air cleaner element, clothes-dryer ducting over the exhaust manifolds, and other such upgrades that are common around the Sty...

Thanks for the notice!!!

#4: Re: Hold on to your hats Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:15 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Wow, man, that is just ridilicous...I'm downloadin' it as I type!!!!

I can see a whole bunch of repaints for it not just for skins, but for airframe components too like rusted-out fuselage stringers, bugs on the air cleaner element, clothes-dryer ducting over the exhaust manifolds, and other such upgrades that are common around the Sty...

Plus empty beer cans, whiskey bottles, less-than-springtime-fresh panties, twisted brassieres, In-N-Out burger wrappers and soiled condoms on the floor.....

#5: Re: Hold on to your hats Author: horseman88 PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:40 am
    ----
Def gotta get this one, I'm a big fan of stearmans

-> FS2004