Well, here's a little something...
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: Well, here's a little something... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:57 pm
    ----
....to tide us over for the time being.......

Gotchyoo guys a Bf109 in JG300 red-trim paint scheme with a Sau on th'side and some little extras, and a GPS which you're gonna need.....ya ready to start some ops on the FS9 server?

Now available! Download it from right here!
home.comcast.net/~petr...0Bf109.zip

NOTE that you need the "Bf109 8-pack" and the tailwheel fix....it's on our website but dangit the URL was wiped out (EXOS what is it again?!).....

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Well, here's a little something... Author: JG300-HolmesLocation: Straight Outta Jersey PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:18 pm
    ----
hmmm, yea so i did the whole udp thing and what not with hat port 23456

no joy, but the thing is i have connected before in the past, but that was when i had verizon dsl, now i have comcast cable (lol till i move again in march and go back to dsl)

so if anyone knows anything you have to do somehow with the cable modem settings? i never even messed with it before but i'm assuming i could play with it like i do the router

otherwise i'll just be mia on the online fs9 front for a little over two months, it'll give me good helo flying practice though so no worries

~S~

#3: Re: Well, here's a little something... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:36 pm
    ----
OK Holmes....may not have been complete info....my apologies.

I'm looking at my router setup right now and I have the following port range forward settings in my "Applications and gaming" setup (Linksys Router)::

fs9.exe port 6073, UDP, IP address of computer

fs9.exe port 23456, UDP, IP address of computer

fs9.exe port 2300-2400, BOTH (TCP and UDP), IP address of computer

I also have, for whatever reason, a port range forward for the application "FS2004", 6073, UDP. IP address of computer.

That should do it, otherwise, make sure you have exceptions defined in your Windows XP firewall for the same thing....you could, if you want to streak naked for a few minutes, disable your firewall VERY temporarily and see if that is part of the problem....just to make sure it needs attention or not.

#4: Re: Well, here's a little something... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:57 pm
    ----
OK guys.....go get it:

Now available! Download it from right here!
home.comcast.net/~petr...0Bf109.zip

NOTE that you need the "Bf109 8-pack" and the tailwheel fix....it's on our website but dangit the URL was wiped out (EXOS what is it again?!).....

#5: Re: Well, here's a little something... Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:20 pm
    ----
users.skynet.be/JG300/...f109-8.zip
users.skynet.be/JG300/...109tax.zip

#6: Re: Well, here's a little something... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:22 pm
    ----
Thanks EXOS....and sorry for my abrubt exit on the server. Turns out, that if I forget to plug in the power supply for my laptop, I don't get to see the "Low Battery" warning when FS9 is running in full-screen mode... Sad

#7: Re: Well, here's a little something... Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:02 am
    ----
Naaahhh, don't you worry Boss Hawg.. dang, where is my beer chug emoticon.... Surprised

#8: Re: Well, here's a little something... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:27 am
    ----
Thanks EXOS, bud! I was really interested in hearing the rest of the fish story.......was expecting to hear about how blankets and quilts were wrapped around the tanks!

Oh hey....on another note....Holmes dude: If you still can't connect, try the netwigns server (put "netwings.org" in the server name box).....the other server went down on me last night, mighta been shut down temporariliy for whatever reason....always a good idea to try two different connections when truobleshooting.

#9: Re: Well, here's a little something... Author: JG300-HolmesLocation: Straight Outta Jersey PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:13 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Oh hey....on another note....Holmes dude: If you still can't connect, try the netwigns server (put "netwings.org" in the server name box).....the other server went down on me last night, mighta been shut down temporariliy for whatever reason....always a good idea to try two different connections when truobleshooting.

hmmm, well i mean i can't even get anything to show up at all, like when it loads shouldn't there be a basic list before i search? i'm getting no joy whatsoever, and like i said i've definitely done it before so that's what makes it even more confusing

but yea just shout things out when you think of them and in the meantime i'll try those and what half brained things i think of myself

and hey, does anyone know what it takes to create your own fs9 planes? i might tackle trying to do a Twin Mustang myself if the development program is free (lol though it seems like a project i'll prolly never finish)

~S~

#10: Re: Well, here's a little something... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:17 pm
    ----
the most popular development program is right there in your own set of discs....GMAX. Which I gather has a steep learning curve and LOTS of effort involved in building almost any decent plane....double that for the Twin Mustang! (Well, once you have one fuselage, I suppose you have the other already done).

I'm not so ambitious as to ever have attempted to tackle GMAX...that's why I do scenery! Mr. Green

#11: Re: Well, here's a little something... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:28 pm
    ----
Absolutely right, GMAX is included and can be installed, theres lots of info out there on geeting started with it and you should do it!!!! I started, but never finished, a Gee Bee Model Y.....and I'm no expert at all, just fumbled around. If you have any inkling at all, you should check it out and challenge yourself with it...I'm betting you'd pick it up, and no telling what you could accomplish, dude!!

#12: Re: Well, here's a little something... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:18 pm
    ----
- JG300-Holmes
hmmm, well i mean i can't even get anything to show up at all, like when it loads shouldn't there be a basic list before i search? i'm getting no joy whatsoever, and like i said i've definitely done it before so that's what makes it even more confusing

but yea just shout things out when you think of them and in the meantime i'll try those and what half brained things i think of myself

OKay, here's my first shout, can you be a little more descriptive about 'no joy'. You go to the file menu, go down to "multiplayer", then what....step by step, what do you see and what do ya do?

Sorry man but I'm kinda thick and sometimes it's the little detail things...

Coupla more questions:

1. Did you try this with your WinXP firewall disabled?

2. Are you ruining with the 9.1 upgrade?

3. Could you try this with FS9 in "windowed" mode (ALT+ENTER) instead of full screen? Maybe there's a pop-up on the taskbar that might be showing up that could help out...like the firewall popup.

4. Are you running any other firewall, like Zone Alarm? Or just stock XP?

5. Do you indeed have a router (I kind of assume from the converstaion you do, but then again.....)

#13: Re: Well, here's a little something... Author: JG300-HolmesLocation: Straight Outta Jersey PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:11 pm
    ----
well real quick i did get netwings found and connected to that, so i guess that's good...i'll keep checkin the other stuff...
~S~

#14: Re: Well, here's a little something... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:35 pm
    ----
Again.....if you are running with the 9.1 update could make a difference...I'm glad your troubleshooting is on the right track tho.

#15: Re: Well, here's a little something... Author: JG300-HolmesLocation: Straight Outta Jersey PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:32 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Again.....if you are running with the 9.1 update could make a difference...I'm glad your troubleshooting is on the right track tho.

lol wait was it good or bad to have the 9.1? lol i do have it

and yea i do have a d-link router...

i don't use the xp firewall i just use the one in the router

but the wierd thing is like if i don't type in netwings.org and leave that field blank, and search, shouldn't like it show me a big list of servers

as it is now, i get to the connect screen, with my name and the search field, and unless i type in netwings, nothing at all will come up when i search for servers

~S~

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum