March 13th Sunday bush flight
-> Com-Central's FSX Bush Flights

#1: March 13th Sunday bush flight Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:54 pm
    ----
Now things begin to get hard. No more VOR's or NDB's, we must move through narrow valleys, from waypoint to waypoint, trusting our eyes more than the GPS. And a troublesome landing on a snowy and short strip by the edge of a frozen lake. If you feel the Goose too cumbersome for this, you are better to choose a smaller plane, even better if equipped with skis, but beware of its service ceiling!
Mr. Green

#002 – CEC4 – Jasper-Hinton (Canada) - > CBK6 – Quesnel Lake (Canada)
Overall distance: 183,2 nm.
Estimated time: 1:04 h.

CEC4
WP1- Waypoint- HDG 197° - leg 20,9 nm.
WP2- Waypoint- HDG 148° - leg 9,8 nm.
WP3- Waypoint- HDG 247° - leg 20,4 nm.
WP4- Waypoint- HDG 279° - leg 24,7 nm.
WP5- Waypoint- HDG 210° - leg 9,7 nm.
WP6- Waypoint- HDG 289° - leg 29,9 nm.
WP7- Waypoint- HDG 192° - leg 9,6 nm.
WP8- Waypoint- HDG 221° - leg 4,6 nm.
WP9- Waypoint- HDG 186° - leg 4,1 nm.
WP10- Waypoint- HDG 134° - leg 6,0 nm.
WP11- Waypoint- HDG 216° - leg 7,4 nm.
WP12- Waypoint- HDG 297° - leg 4,3 nm.
WP13- Waypoint- HDG 231° - leg 10,4 nm.
CBK6- no VOR- no NDB- HDG 185° - leg 21,4 nm.
Elevation: 2.500 ft.
runways:
7 – 2.700 ft. - grass - no ILS
25 – 2.700 ft. - grass - no ILS

Aircraft: stock Grumman Goose
Cruise speed: 150 KIAS
Cruise altitude: 14.000 ft.
Weather: real
Time: 09:00 local –> 16:00 GMT

The package including flight plan, map, and text file in pdf format with navigation data can be downloaded here:
-> www.com-central.net/ma...BF_002.zip

Marco

#2: Re: March 13th Sunday bush flight Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:37 pm
    ----
Yeah Boyyyy.....now the fun really begins!

A question - I notice quite a few repaints in use from Fled's pictures of the first flight. I have a few HD repaints but not all the ones shown. So as to be better prepared this time around, is there any super-package available or does one just hunt them down one by one?

#3: Re: March 13th Sunday bush flight Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:15 pm
    ----
Fled's your boy.... Wink

#4: Re: March 13th Sunday bush flight Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:44 pm
    ----
Look here aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/ for all the repaints for the Goose.

#5: Re: March 13th Sunday bush flight Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:01 pm
    ----
Thanx Snorre - I got the HD Redux 1.2 (VERY NICE!) but am wondering if I'm missing anything else.

Gracias.

EDIT: D'Oh! I have those extra repoints too, I double-checked. That nice red & white job caught my eye and I never went looking beyond it....

#6: Re: March 13th Sunday bush flight Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:20 pm
    ----
Stoopy,

there are two packs for the Goose, the base update Redux pack and the expansion pack with even more paints and some minor upgrades.

atm I'm at "work" and can't access the OZx site Confused

when I get home in approx 4 hrs from now I'll seek 'm out for you and pass on the links Smile

fled
Cool

p.s. alas I will not be able to attend this flight as I have late shift Crying or Very sad

#7: Re: March 13th Sunday bush flight Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:37 pm
    ----
I can't make it this Sunday Sad have a good flight guy's.

#8: Re: March 13th Sunday bush flight Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:42 am
    ----
for the OZx Goose Redux base pack v1.20
look at => OZx Forum> Downloads> OZx Paints> General Aviation> North America> OZX Grumman Goose HD Redux 1.20

for the OZx Grumman Goose HD Redux A2A/Shockwave lights
look at => OZx Forum> Downloads> OZx Paints> General Aviation> North America> OZx Grumman Goose HD Redux A2A/Shockwave lights
this works only if you have the Schockwave lights installed on your system

for the OZx Goose Redux update pack v1.03
look at => OZx Forum> Downloads> OZx Paints> General Aviation> North America> OZx Goose HD Expansion Pack 1.03

sorry that I cannot provide direct d/l links but alas due to security measures at the forum that is not possible.

enjoy !

fled
Cool

#9: Re: March 13th Sunday bush flight Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:12 am
    ----
Thank you very kindly Fled and sorry you can't be around tomorrow!

#10: Re: March 13th Sunday bush flight Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:35 am
    ----
Well that was a VERY enjoyable flight!

Thanks you Marco for setting up the great route, thanks Fled for the assistance with getting the Goose setup, and thanks Gunter for hosting in Fled's absence!

Gunter figured out that we are in the FTX Rockie Mountain scenery area which is why I am still not at the same ground elevation as everyone else. If & when y'all head west in to the Pacific Northwest coverage area I'll be able to look you in the eye. Smile

It was a light crowd so Gunter and I headed out into the weather:

Once on top we had a nice sunny flight on our hands:

The weather lightened up enough to allow us to dip down and do a little canyon carving:

And Bushy got a little late start but caught up with us to add to the fun:

Upon arrival at Quesnel Lake I was treated to the rare sight of the Magnificent Hovering Goose:

And apparently the FTX version of the airport extends well out into what stock FSX scenery considers part of the lake, so for the final group line-up I was left alone, pining on the shore. Smile

It was a blast and thanks!!!

#11: Re: March 13th Sunday bush flight Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:36 am
    ----
Great shots Stoopy, thanks for sharing!

#12: Re: March 13th Sunday bush flight Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:43 pm
    ----
Ahh Stoopy, I think Gunter forgot to tell you about the 'special' Goose version we were flying... (kiddin' of course). Smile

I did get a late start and thanks all for letting me join in late. Smile

Stoopy revealed to us a special command. We've all used Cntl-T and Cntl-F to tag and follow (auto put) to a player in a game in the past and thought it wasn't working on the Game Spy server. Well, I'm happy to report it does work with these commands: Cntl-O (that's OH not zero) to tag the player, then Cntl-F to follow or fall in behind the player. Thanks Stoopy!

Thanks for the pics too Stoopy and I'll try to get some posted up as well... Wink

-> Com-Central's FSX Bush Flights