Our plans and trips to military museums
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19, 20, 21  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#106: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:39 pm
    ----
I'm gonna be at this year's Lesany Museum opening event next month. There might not be many AFVs to see in display arena, as this time, it's dedicated to Praga V3S trucks, but hopefully they'll show some of the heavier stuff as well.

#107: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:02 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
hello Massimo,

that depends what you call "worth visiting". 63 kilometers far from Amsterdam, there is the army museum in Delft, with 3 vehicles I really would like to have good pictures of :
-M4A1E9 Sherman
-Type 97 TE-KE
-GMC Scoutcar 4x4 Otter Mk I

I have put my photos of the Type 97 online this evening:

Location ID 11900: Royal Delft Army Museum

Let me know of you need copies of the originals. Unfortunately I can't find my other Delft photos.

#108: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:06 pm
    ----
I will be in Belgrade very soon. The vehicles in the Kalemegdan Fortress are pretty well-know and quality pictures of them are available. I'll try to get a better coverage of the artillery pieces.
Any special request?

Hope I will manage to visit the Aviation Museum too, but I am still not sure if I will have time for it.

Massimo

#109: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:58 pm
    ----
here are my plans for June :

hopefully, I'll try to attend "armour and embarkation" in Dorset, on June 22-24, 2012. Here are the vehicles that will be part of this event :
Sherman
Sherman
Sherman
Sherman
Sherman – Wheatcroft Collection (curious to see which one, the M4A1 Grizzly or another one??)
Firefly…?
Hellcat
Hellcat
Hellcat
Hellcat
Hellcat
M10
M10
Stuart
Stuart
M3A1 Stuart
Chaffee
M8
M8
M8/M20
Dingo
Bren gun Carrier
T-16 Carrier
Dragon Wagon

the next week-end, there will be Tankfest at Bovington...

P-O

#110: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:23 pm
    ----
will be in Belgrade very soon. The vehicles in the Kalemegdan Fortress are pretty well-know and quality pictures of them are available. I'll try to get a better coverage of the artillery pieces.
Any special request?

Hi Massimo
Could you make some pictures of the SdKfz 250 for me ?
And look for a possible chassisnumber

Walter

#111: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:33 am
    ----
- Walter

Could you make some pictures of the SdKfz 250 for me ?

I'll take plenty of them

- Walter

And look for a possible chassisnumber

Where should I look for it?

Massimo

#112: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:48 pm
    ----
Massimo
See the red square under the towing hook ?
There you find the chassisnumber

#113: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:10 pm
    ----
Okay. I'll give it a try

Massimo

#114: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:52 pm
    ----
- Walter

I am back from Belgrade, there was indeed a plate, but no readable number.

Massimo

#115: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:44 am
    ----
A quick recap from Belgrade:

- The collection at the Kalemegdan Fortress is even better than I expected. I was already aware of each and every AFV, but the amount of artillery pieces was a pleasant surprise. It can't compete with Bucharest as far as variety goes, but in term of sheer number of guns it's almost there.

- The Military Museum's indoor exhibition is interesting, with uniforms, small arms and a few heavy weapons. Flash isn't allowed

- All AFVs and most artillery are visible to the public even whenever the Museum is closed

- There is plenty of space to take pictures. I only had to worry about the sun, since the weather was excellent

- The Aviation Museum near the airport is literally falling apart Sad

- Light conditions inside the Aviation Museum are among the worst I ever had

- Some unique Romanian planes make the Aviation museum worth a visit anyway

- FIAT G-50 and FW-190 are in the Aviation Museum workshop. It's not expected to have them on display for the next few years at least

Massimo

#116: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:05 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
- Walter

I am back from Belgrade, there was indeed a plate, but no readable number.

Massimo

Well that's bad luck,but thanks for trying !

Walter

#117: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:32 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
- Walter
depends when you will be there
If I am free of work I would come for a meeting !

I still don't have final dates, it's supposed to be something between July 3rd and 8th. Let's see if somebody else may like to join, then we could define more details by email.

Massimo

No problem, that can be arranged.
I have to much holiday days remaining and need to take some days of Mr. Green

#118: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:26 am
    ----
To Walter, Michel and anybody else that would like to join, I finalized my dates for Amsterdam.

So far I am planning to visit Delft and Amersfoort, more or less one day each (maybe less for Delft?). I choose those locations since they are easy to reach by train from Amsterdam, but I am open to other suggestions for alternative locations or transport.

Dates available are between July 5th and July 9th. I can pick any of those four days depending on your schedule and availability.

Massimo

#119: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:10 pm
    ----
Hi Massimo

July 5 and 6 I am free
the rest of the days I will be working

Walter

#120: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:58 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
So far I am planning to visit Delft and Amersfoort, more or less one day each (maybe less for Delft?). I choose those locations since they are easy to reach by train from Amsterdam, but I am open to other suggestions for alternative locations or transport.

Personally I would say Amersfoort is well worth the visit, for the number and variety of tanks; Delft less so, if you could only do one.

-> AFV News Discussion Board