Our plans and trips to military museums
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#196: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:26 am
    ----
I have some pics from Latrun over here

tinyurl.com/agpz2zk
and at the bottom here tinyurl.com/azsvzkg

#197: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:53 am
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
I checked the PDF and saw the T-34s are part of a monument in Tiergarten. I saw you have been there, could you provide the exact location on a map? The area is pretty big.

Massimo

If you drive or walk along the Strasse des 17. Juni, between the Brandenburger Tor and the great roundabout "Berliner Siegesäule", then you will see it. It's not complicated to find.

I took few photos during a trip that we made for the Soccer football world cup in Summer 2006. France reached the final and played against Italy, then we went to Berlin to see the match (on a screen, not in the stadium :)). There were plenty of people everywhere and it was nearly impossible to take good pictures of the T-34s because of people and barriers etc..

P-O

#198: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:34 am
    ----
I've got the place, thanks!
maps.google.ch/maps/ms...e53e533bad

Massimo

#199: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:41 am
    ----
- armyjunk2
I have some pics from Latrun over here

I saw those in the past, thanks. In fact they increase my willingness to go and visit Latrun.

My family would like to visit Israel too. Unfortunately we have to follow school's holidays, I was thinking to go during Easter, but the price just skyrocket during that period. The alternative would be early July, but I am afraid it would be very hot (not good for outdoor photography too).
Anyway, the current situation over there made me post-pone any plan.

Massimo

#200: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:07 am
    ----
Just saw this picture taken in Berlin, 10 years ago:
www.flickr.com/photos/...otostream/

Massimo

#201: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:45 pm
    ----
I just checked the PDFs and they should still be there:
www.museum-karlshorst.de/

Massimo

#202: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:00 pm
    ----
2012 was an amazing year for me in terms of AFV-oriented trips, things are going to be different in 2013 Sad

I am just back from a vacation in Italy, but all I've got is an Skoda WW I 8 cm field gun.... My trip to Berlin is confirmed but there will be very little AFVs over there too. I'll have a brief visit to Munich in August, but the most I can get out of it is better pictures of Seehund midget submarine Smile

The good news is that finally I should be able to attempt the "Convoy" event in Switzerland I always missed in the past:
www.convoy.ch/

What about the rest of the group, do you have any interesting plan for 2013?

Massimo

#203: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:09 pm
    ----
Carlisle, Pa in May 2013. VA and NJ Tank displays are on my agenda to visit and photograph, but this year isn't starting out very well. Rick

#204: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:53 am
    ----
In May the Militracks event in Overloon
and hopefully this summer the new museum in Colleville
and probably War & Peace Show

Walter

#205: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:44 am
    ----
- Walter

let me know, we could arrange something...

my plans are :
-also to visit the new museum in Colleville (I will probably not be able to wait and will visit it as soon as it opens on June 5, but I can plan another visit a bit later with Walter).
-visit Saumur again on May 18-19
-see the new M4A2 displayed at Montfaucon d'Argonne and the new M4A4 displayed at Rixheim, near Colmar, check something on the M4A2 at Belfort
-attend Tanks in Town, and maybe visit some tanks in Belgium and southern Netherlands
-if possible, do a quick study of the late Lima M4A1(75) displayed on an US army base in Stuttgart (need some luck there)

like Massimo, nothing as extraordinary as in 2012...

P-O

#206: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:52 am
    ----
- Walter

this is what someone said on the Wehrmacht Awards forum :

"Several halftracks are still in various stages of restoration, so the new museum will become the home of lots of new unseen vehicles.
You will have to update your survivor lists once the museum opens "

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

#207: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:46 pm
    ----
I know ,that's a friend of mine who said that Laughing

#208: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:10 pm
    ----
Walter,

we could arrange a little "tour of German tanks in Normandy" if you wish. After visiting Colleville, we could visit the museum in Bayeux and the Tiger I in Vimoutiers..

P-O

#209: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:16 pm
    ----
Yes we could do that !

#210: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:38 am
    ----
I don't have too much planned for 2013 so far (though with luck I may get to South Africa next year). I was invited to Shrivenham last year and deferred it, so I might look to see if that's still an option this year.

-> AFV News Discussion Board