a guy down the road from me...
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#1: a guy down the road from me... Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:50 pm
    ----
new car

hemi cycle

#2: Re: a guy down the road from me... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:42 am
    ----
There used to be quite a number of twin-engined dragsters back in the day. In particular, John Peter's "Freight Train" (a gasser) and "TV" Tommy Ivo. Shirley Muldowney ran a twin engine gas digger before she went fuel with Kalitta. Twin engine cars were and interesting novelty and fun to watch, but the physics of weight and traction meant that the single engine cars were almost always quicker (especially with tire being what they were back then.

twotogo.homestead.com/

Ivo's is in Garlits' museum.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frd9zcKF1eE

"Freight Train" was probably the best known, though....

www.thefreighttrain.com/

#3: Re: a guy down the road from me... Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:10 am
    ----
Seen them all... @ US 131 Martin... Wild Willie Borsch was my favorite... I liked AA/FA which ended up going away because their short wheel base made them a 'hand" full...

#4: Re: a guy down the road from me... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:58 am
    ----
- HF_SlowHand
Seen them all... @ US 131 Martin... Wild Willie Borsch was my favorite... I liked AA/FA which ended up going away because their short wheel base made them a 'hand" full...

Altereds were wild. They don't even let them run "as original" in vintage racing. Loves those Anglias and such, not to mention the A bodies. Wheelbases like a square, no wonder they used all the track. Twisted Evil

#5: Re: a guy down the road from me... Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:44 pm
    ----
just the ads are worth watching-

you can see all 3 parts if you want - they are on youtube

popular hot rodding nationals

#6: Re: a guy down the road from me... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:03 am
    ----
- HF_SlowHand
just the ads are worth watching-

you can see all 3 parts if you want - they are on youtube

popular hot rodding nationals

After the stills at the beginning, some nice video footage...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=44chQoMYCKw

#7: Re: a guy down the road from me... Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:45 am
    ----
another favorite (idol) of mine was Jungle Jim Liberman, and of course Jungle Pam...

Liberman was a true Chevy man and ran a rare Chevy in his Funny Car. He didn't win many events tho as the Hemi drivers soon found the bottom of the Chevy wasn't as strong as the Hemi and they would often do 2, 3, 4 burn-outs in hopes of his engine letting go before or during the runs, and often it did...

nice tribute.

Jungle Jim Liberman - be sure to read the notes at the bottom

#8: Re: a guy down the road from me... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:01 pm
    ----
- HF_SlowHand
another favorite (idol) of mine was Jungle Jim Liberman, and of course Jungle Pam...

Liberman was a true Chevy man and ran a rare Chevy in his Funny Car. He didn't win many events tho as the Hemi drivers soon found the bottom of the Chevy wasn't as strong as the Hemi and they would often do 2, 3, 4 burn-outs in hopes of his engine letting go before or during the runs, and often it did...

nice tribute.

Jungle Jim Liberman - be sure to read the notes at the bottom

Surely then, you are aware of our own JJ and JP tributes right here on C-C? JG300-Stoopy did 4 nice repaints of the AS350 in ever familiar liveries of drag cars of the 60-70's and I did a racing venue for FS2004 (that is available at Hovercontrol). Lieberman's helo carries a "special passenger". Wink

#9: Re: a guy down the road from me... Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:39 pm
    ----
No! I didn't!! Thanks!!!!

#10: Re: a guy down the road from me... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:59 am
    ----
Cool, now if the next version of Flight Sim could have a working "tree" and staging beams we'd be all set!!!!

I just read an interview with "TV Tommy" Ivo not very long ago, I just don't remember where....

#11: Re: a guy down the road from me... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:53 pm
    ----
I saw that seat cover first.

#12: Re: a guy down the road from me... Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:09 pm
    ----
seams I jut saw an airport scenery for fsx and fs9 that had a 1/4 mile track on it... I have used the F1 cars around airports and that was a hoot even tho it was just me... say are you thinking what I am thinking?! LOL

another cc "flight"?

fs9 formula 1 cars

Silverstone from flightsim.com

1940's Tangmere and racetrack

FlightSim Formula 1 cars 12-23

FlightSim Formula 1 cars 1-12

Shumachers ferarri

Sepang F1 track

indy for fs9

F1 Hockenheimring, Germany track

and for the qtr miler..

Kearney Regional Airport (KEAR), Kearney, Nebraska (NE). Includes objects, lighting, drag strip. FSX Acceleration required for dragstrip items to show

FSX Scenery--Old Bridge Airport (3B6), Old Bridge, New Jersey (NJ). An improved version of the airport located right next to Old Bridge Township Raceway Park where NHRA drag races take place

fs9 1978 vette

wheel standing bug

2002 Enzo Ferrari Package for fs9

now I found these in 15 minutes, sure there are more..

#13: Re: a guy down the road from me... Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:29 pm
    ----
and shades, no, you didnt LOL

#14: Re: a guy down the road from me... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:19 pm
    ----
"Rotorhead Raceway", which I did years ago for FS9 can be found here at Hovercontrol.

www.hovercontrol.com/c...ool=phrase

Or you can just "google" for it.

The "course" is actually below ground level in an FS9 anomaly that I enhanced. The "pits" are at the airport where it was originally, but I modified if for that "dragstrip" look.

I forgot what all of Stoopy's repaints for the AS350 were, but Jungle Jim and "Ramchargers" were definitely among them. I think maybe Dyno Don Nicholson and another one that escapes me.

#15: Re: a guy down the road from me... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:08 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

I forgot what all of Stoopy's repaints for the AS350 were, but Jungle Jim and "Ramchargers" were definitely among them. I think maybe Dyno Don Nicholson and another one that escapes me.

Roland Leong's "Hawaiian" (boy this is really going back... in a GOOD way!) Smile

The others, still amazingly available buried deep in my Photobucket account...:

I started but obviously never completed a "round two" with a few more including this one (got kind of hung up on how certain schemes could translate to the body lines of a helo): Smile

I'm not...sure.....what the significance of this other picture next to it was either....may not have been related now that I think of it.....ahhhh maybe something to do with a special paint job for Bushy I don't quite recall.......

-> Officer's Club