82nd Airborne Division Museum gallery
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: 82nd Airborne Division Museum gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:30 pm
    ----
Hi All,

We’ve posted a large gallery of photos from the 82nd Airborne Division Museum on Ft Bragg, NC.

afvagabond.smugmug.com...1541_39maH

I’ve placed the AFV and artillery photos first, then the aircraft and inside displays. Other AFVs from Ft Bragg are at the end.
Make sure you check out the replica of the St Mere Eglise church built of stone from Utah beach.

Enjoy!

M551

German 15cm Howitzer

Aircraft teaser

Yes, I know they’re aircraft, but you can see the M551 road wheels underneath the C-119!

M42 and M48 Chaparral from Ft Bragg

#2: Re: 82nd Airborne Division Museum gallery Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:59 am
    ----
VB,
Assume you saw nothing of the M44? And I take it the M42 and M730 were not with these vehicles?:

farm4.static.flickr.co...c376_b.jpg

Neil

#3: Re: 82nd Airborne Division Museum gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:23 am
    ----
Neil,

Didn't see the M44 anywhere. Posted about it here:
www.com-central.net/in...hlight=m44

Where was farm4.static.flickr.co...c376_b.jpg taken? If you get me a location I can check it out. We can get down to Ft Bragg again.

I didn't see ANY of the vehicles in that photo when we visited in May of 2010.

You are correct - the AAA vehicles were by themselves on Ardennes at the 3-27 HQ on the way out of Bragg from the 82nd museum.

#4: Re: 82nd Airborne Division Museum gallery Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:41 pm
    ----
VB,
They're at the NC NCO Academy off Butner Rd

com-central.net/index....ic&t=13448

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board