Interior picture needed, please. M60A3.
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Interior picture needed, please. M60A3. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:00 pm
    ----
Someone with a modeling project would like a detail photo of the following. Probable TC turret power control box, as gunners controls don't have that combination of switches. I've checked all mine and don't have.

Description from person requesting:

"... just figured out my job will be a lot easier if I had some photos besides those terrible 40 year old drawings... Google yielded some shots but I don't see the part there. It's a box with some switches (one says Cupola Power, another Master Power and there are some more) from a M60A3. Probably you guys know what I'm talking about. "

"Yeah it's white with black letters. The box is well, pretty much a box in dimensions, cast aluminum, the controls are recessed and split in two sections, upper section has the cupola power and master power switches, the other part has Stab electronics, Power pack blower motor, under them is "Circuit breaker", and on the left is a big opening which says Test, I assume it's for some big round connector. All those switches are round on-off type."

Thanks in advance.

3D of item in process looks like this:

#2: Re: Interior picture needed, please. M60A3. Author: panamadan PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:49 am
    ----
Googled M60A3 interior and found this: com-central.net/index....ang=french

Scroll down a bit...
Dan

#3: Re: Interior picture needed, please. M60A3. Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:04 am
    ----
Hi everyone,

Doug, I have just what he needs, In fact I could probably provide the actual item if really needed (just kidding, maybe Wink ) . Unfortunately I'm in Kansas right now and don't have access to my files. When I do get home I still don't have Internet access there, but I can go to the local Burger King and use theirs if he still hasn't found what he needs. Will be at least 4-5 days from now, since I will be leaving here tomorrow and will be on the road.

Been reading a lot of the posts I've missed in the last 2 months, I really need to get on line again. Just wish it wasn't so expensive to get satellite access.

#4: Re: Interior picture needed, please. M60A3. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:59 am
    ----
- Joe_D
Hi everyone,

Doug, I have just what he needs, In fact I could probably provide the actual item if really needed (just kidding, maybe Wink ) . Unfortunately I'm in Kansas right now and don't have access to my files. When I do get home I still don't have Internet access there, but I can go to the local Burger King and use theirs if he still hasn't found what he needs. Will be at least 4-5 days from now, since I will be leaving here tomorrow and will be on the road.

Been reading a lot of the posts I've missed in the last 2 months, I really need to get on line again. Just wish it wasn't so expensive to get satellite access.

Just get your butt back here, Joe. We're adrift without our "Patton" guru.

#5: Re: Interior picture needed, please. M60A3. Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:38 pm
    ----
"Power Pack Blower Motor"???? Never heard that term when I was an M60A3 auto mech.

#6: Re: Interior picture needed, please. M60A3. Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:27 pm
    ----
I don't know if the box is also in the M60A1, but if so there is the Littlefield M60A1 interior panorama:

www.mvtf.org/pan_page....0%20-%20A1

#7: Re: Interior picture needed, please. M60A3. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:39 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
I don't know if the box is also in the M60A1, but if so there is the Littlefield M60A1 interior panorama:

www.mvtf.org/pan_page....0%20-%20A1

Thanks Trevor, but the A1 is not so equipped. It's apparently part of the stab control interface.

We are looking for a more detailed image than this one:

#8: Re: Interior picture needed, please. M60A3. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:56 pm
    ----
Joe,
You home yet? We're hoping for a high res pic of that box within the next week if possible.

'Preciate it!
D.

#9: Re: Interior picture needed, please. M60A3. Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:23 am
    ----
Doug

I forgot to check on this today when 'toolin' around in RMP. I got confused as to which type of M60 it was in....

(I'm a 'JEDI-TANKER'....all dem M60s look alike to me...!?)

BTW: I finally got 'the package' thrown together for you, but with the 'Govt Shutdown', I'll hold off shipment till next week. I will include a few unexpected 'goodies', since its taken me a little longer than expected.

Regards
Don

#10: Re: Interior picture needed, please. M60A3. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:55 am
    ----
- Dontos
Doug

I forgot to check on this today when 'toolin' around in RMP. I got confused as to which type of M60 it was in....

(I'm a 'JEDI-TANKER'....all dem M60s look alike to me...!?)

BTW: I finally got 'the package' thrown together for you, but with the 'Govt Shutdown', I'll hold off shipment till next week. I will include a few unexpected 'goodies', since its taken me a little longer than expected.

Regards
Don

Don,
M60A3...it's a stab control box of some kind.

No rush, don't use a gov't carrier for a while, for reasons we all know about.

But there are those "other guys". Wink

#11: Re: Interior picture needed, please. M60A3. Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:35 am
    ----
Hey Doug

Guess what......

I remembered and jumped in this tank today...

Found the RN stamped on the TC cupola skate ring:

Oh, yeah and I got htis image for you....

Is that detailed enough ,.... I do have more

Regards
Don

#12: Re: Interior picture needed, please. M60A3. Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:48 am
    ----
Glad you posted it Don,

My computer problems keep piling up. Can't use a flash drive at the library to post picture. Surprised you guys still have an M60A3 around, I figured they'd take them all, at least the nice ones.

#13: Re: Interior picture needed, please. M60A3. Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:42 am
    ----
So, what is 'power pack blower motor'?

#14: Re: Interior picture needed, please. M60A3. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:10 pm
    ----
Thanks, don....I passed on the link.

If you have any more angles on that box, they'd be helpful. He's doing a computer 3D model of items and 3/4 views are very helpful (for depth, I imagine). Whatever you've got, I'd say...

#15: Re: Interior picture needed, please. M60A3. Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:42 pm
    ----
Okay, so happy with the results, but always wanting more...

BUT, how about this little box,....

Regards
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board