StuG III In the Light of Day
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: vallsLocation: Rio de Janeiro - BRASIL PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:23 pm
    ----
Hi,

Solex are the carburators.

Regards,

JValls

#32: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: sil3ntLocation: Poznan, Poland PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:01 am
    ----
- Dontos

The StuG which is to remain in the Museum, which was recovered from the Bog in the early 90's does have a considerable amount of Zimmerit still covering mist of the front of the vehicle.

Regards
Don

Do you have more information about found and recovery this Stug ?

#33: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:59 pm
    ----
www.com-central.net/in...pic&t=6479

#34: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: robertkru PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:05 pm
    ----
Hi
After longer absence I realized that I missed this veeery interesting thread
This Stug at the beginning of the thread was made by Alkett >jan 1945.(style of front towing holes) From painting style the guess is app. march 1945. It would be nice to get Fahrgestell-number (between app. 107000 and 108581, I guess > 108 100. the prodction plate was either at he left of driver or at the backwall from fighting compartment.
About shield with 55/52:
the torsion bars had 2 different diameters until the end of war to make spare organisation more difficult.
If someone need production details from Stugs I can help with my good library and connections Wink
The unit emblem looks similar o Stug Abt. 261

Regards from Vienna/Austria
Robert

#35: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: robertkru PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:12 pm
    ----
About this weld line on side of fighting compartment: this is the connection with the main armor plate. this add. sloped side armour plate was introduced app. 2/3 1943. Take a look at initial Stugs ( e.g this Stug with Winterketten and whitewash, which was found in pristine conditions some years ago) where you can see the main armour plate.
Regards from Vienna
Robert

#36: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:10 pm
    ----
- robertkru

This Stug at the beginning of the thread was made by Alkett >jan 1945.(style of front towing holes) From painting style the guess is app. march 1945. It would be nice to get Fahrgestell-number (between app. 107000 and 108581, I guess > 108 100. the prodction plate was either at he left of driver or at the backwall from fighting compartment.

Robert

Unfortunately the StuG is gone to Ft Benning. I did take the opportunity to take as many photos as possible, inside & out before she was loaded up.

Sadly both Data Plates were long gone so the exact production date & FN is questionable.

Regards
Don

#37: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:39 pm
    ----
I hav also had the opportunity to photograph the sole remaining StuG at the Patton Museum.

I did record as much data from interior & exterior markings that remain. There is a lot of stampings and casting marks that I noticed, many were in similiar locations. The 'bog' StuG has a production stamping on the back deck of June 44. The aiming quadrant in the gunners position was also stamped June 44.

Both data plates are still inplace in this vehicle, which is an excellent bonus. My information has this FN as 93826. I'll have to try and confirm that off of the data plates.

Regards
Don

#38: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: Cerberus PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:56 pm
    ----
HALLO,
Excists pictures from the coaxial-mg-mount?

Greetings from germany

#39: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: Cerberus PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:14 am
    ----
HALLO,

Greetings from germany

#40: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:47 am
    ----
- Cerberus
HALLO,

Greetings from germany

I'll see what I can find. I'm not sure if I took detailed photos of the COAX mount. I should be able to get those though...

Regards
Don

#41: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:53 am
    ----
For my own information, where usually is the coax expected to be found on these? I "Googled" a bit and found few pics showing provisions for one (presumably upper left of main gun, shown in a very few pics that I found).

I reviewed my interior/exterior shots of the Parola vehicle, but don't see where one was provided for. Perhaps the Finns omitted this feature?

#42: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: WimD.Location: The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:38 pm
    ----
Hello,

Yes, it is on the left side. Strange, I would expect it on the loaders (right) side.

Regards.
Wim.

picture from Walk Around Sturmgeschütz Squadron/Signal publications

#43: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:04 am
    ----
Here is what I've got for the coax mount.

Garry

#44: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: Cerberus PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:38 pm
    ----
Excellent! Thank you. I built a model from a late StuG III G. Maybe i ask you for help if i need informations Wink

#45: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:44 pm
    ----
I don't know what help I can give you since these three photos are all I have of the StuG III coax. Since I am 600 miles away from it now I won't be of much help. If I ever get a chance to visit Fort Benning in the near future, I'll take some more detail photos.

Garry

-> AFV News Discussion Board