May 1st Sunday bush flight
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Com-Central's FSX Bush Flights

#1: May 1st Sunday bush flight Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:11 am
    ----
A very short flight, just an excuse to exchange good wishes for Easter, but yet in the proper bush-flight style. We could name it "follow the river", as it runs over water from beginning to end, and it brings us to Wenatchee: from here on, we'll start to explore deep canyons through which we'll make our path to our second hub, Calgary.

-----
#008 – 6S9 – Stehekin State (USA) - > KEAT – Pangborn Meml / Wenatchee (USA)
Overall distance: 69,1 nm.
Estimated time: 0:59 h.

6S9
WP1 - Waypoint - HDG 130° - leg 19,3 nm.
WP2 - Waypoint - HDG 100° - leg 11,7 nm.
WP3 - Waypoint - HDG 160° - leg 13,0 nm.
WP4 - Waypoint - HDG 175° - leg 12,7 nm.
WP5 - Waypoint - HDG 186° - leg 6,1 nm.
KEAT - VOR 111,00 MHz - no NDB - HDG 114° - leg 6,2 nm.

Elevation: 1.215 ft.
runways:
12 – 5.493 ft. - asphalt – no ILS
30 – 5.493 ft. - asphalt – no ILS
7 – 4.451 ft. - asphalt – no ILS
25 – 4.451 ft. - asphalt – no ILS

Aircraft: De Havilland Tiger Moth
Cruise speed: 80 KIAS
Cruise altitude: 13.000 ft.
Weather: real
Time: 06:00 local –> 13:00 GMT

The package including flight plan, map, and text file in pdf format with navigation data can be downloaded here:
-> www.com-central.net/ma...BF_008.zip

Marco

Last edited by Uhu_Rodion on Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: April 24th Sunday bush flight Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:55 pm
    ----
I won't be able to make this weeks flight everyone. I have a family 'thing' going on... Wink

#3: Re: April 24th Sunday bush flight Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:58 pm
    ----
We went to church this morning at 8:30. Then had brunch and my family left for the long drive home about 12:30. I realized I could make the Sunday Bush flight. When I checked into team speak I found no one else was there. After waiting a while, I loaded up the flight plan, checked out the Beaver and took off. Beautiful little flight down a river valley. The last part was the prettiest as I flew over the apple orchards. I had to check out the town of Wenatchee in Wikipedia after I landed. Nice little town of about 30,000. The indians were in this area 11,000 years ago according to the Clovis points they have dug up. Thanks Marco for this fun visit to a great part of the USA.
Lazyeight

#4: Re: April 24th Sunday bush flight Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:06 am
    ----
I guess most of the usual takers were engaged with home celebrations, so, if you agree, the same flight might be repeated next week.

I hope you all had a serene Easter.
Smile
Marco

#5: Re: April 24th Sunday bush flight Author: DüsselwingsLocation: EDDL PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:38 am
    ----
Hi,
and I hadn't have a look to a flightplan, because I heard something about " see us in two weeks"... So I thought, its paused anyway because of eastern...but next sunday is reserved for flying... Wink

Btw, today also....;-) I will have my first real lesson on a cessna 172R .... :-)))) Hope, everything works fine.... Wink See you next sunday (hopefully!)

Cheers, Stephan

#6: Re: April 24th Sunday bush flight Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:57 am
    ----
Yes Marco, I think we should set this flight up for next week... Wink

Congrats "wings", let us know how first lesson goes!!

Buddy, you're the leader next week...lol

#7: Re: April 24th Sunday bush flight Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:52 pm
    ----
Bush, You are on your own pal. Sorry about that, but I will not be able to make this flight next week. But you will really enjoy it. Great area to be flying in. I will try to check the website to see who is flying and know that I will be with you in spirit anyway!

Lazyeight

#8: Re: April 24th Sunday bush flight Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:03 pm
    ----
sorry to be missing all the fun fella's Sad

hopefully the new rig doesn't take to long to be build with the leftover parts from this one so I'll be able to join again.

take care and catch ya all sometime soon

fled
Cool

#9: Re: April 24th Sunday bush flight Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:37 pm
    ----
Next sunday I'll be back in the game!

#10: Re: April 24th Sunday bush flight Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:33 pm
    ----
Game???

#11: Re: April 24th Sunday bush flight Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:20 pm
    ----
Oops, sorry, that was a mistake!! I apologize, I meant I'll join the flight... (wow, that was close...)

#12: Re: April 24th Sunday bush flight Author: DüsselwingsLocation: EDDL PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:35 pm
    ----
LOL ;-))

BTW, my real Flight yesterday was: GREAT!!!!!! :-)))) I could have done it much much longer than it was with 90min, which was already the double time, my wife had paid for.... The weather was fantastic, a bit of thermic, a friendly teacher and I was allowed to do everything allone, from taxiing till landing...Ok, with some corrections in between, but for the first time I was really satisfied.... :-)))) It was such a lot of fun, that I can´t explain it with my baby-english Wink

CU for the next Gam.....FLIGHT.... :-)))

Stephan

#13: Re: April 24th Sunday bush flight Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:20 pm
    ----
bravo!!!

#14: Re: April 24th Sunday bush flight Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:35 am
    ----
Cool Stephan, but watch out, it's very easy to get addicted....

#15: Re: April 24th Sunday bush flight Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:15 pm
    ----
LOL Gunter... I think it's too late for Stephan...lol

Thanks for the update Stephan and congrats!!!

Fled, we had to sell your plane for beer money...

Sorry we're going to miss you Buddy ... Sad

-> Com-Central's FSX Bush Flights