LT vz.35 / PzKpfw 35(t) restoration
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: LT vz.35 / PzKpfw 35(t) restoration Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:47 pm
    ----
As some of you may already know, the LT-35 from Aberdeen got back to the Czech Republic a three years ago. Since then, it's part of the collection in the Lešany Military Museum and from the beginning it was planned to be completely restorated into to the fully running condition. At the present time the restoration is almost done. In only two or three weeks it should be completed. The LT-35 is gonna have it's original camouflage which the tank had during it's service in the Czechoslovakian army in 1938.

And just for a note, also one of the two M-36's which Lešany got from Slovenia is under restoration right now. It hasn't been said yet when is the LT-35 gonna be presented for the public after the restoration, but I suppose it will happen on this year's 'Tank Day' or maybe even on the 'Opening Day' already next month.

source: zpravy.idnes.cz/modry-...zpravy_sot

#2: Re: LT vz.35 / PzKpfw 35(t) restoration Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:10 pm
    ----
Did this tank arrive empty from Aberdeen?
No engine, no transmission?

#3: Re: LT vz.35 / PzKpfw 35(t) restoration Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:58 pm
    ----
No, it was equipped with engine and transmission of course, but it was in quite a bad shape, the interior was all rusty. The engine itself is gonna be mounted later in the museum (the tank is being restorated on different place).

#4: Re: LT vz.35 / PzKpfw 35(t) restoration Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:09 am
    ----
Adamicz,
Thanks for the info. I was sorry to see it leave the Ordnance Museum, but excited that it will be restored.

Have any additional interesting pieces of its history been found inside?

Neil

#5: Re: LT vz.35 / PzKpfw 35(t) restoration Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:11 am
    ----
I also hated seeing it leave Aberdeen. It provided a key link in the tours I gave of the collection there. That said I am glad to see that it is getting the care it deserves and if possible pass on my respects to the folks now entrusted with its care.

#6: Re: LT vz.35 / PzKpfw 35(t) restoration Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:11 pm
    ----
Very good news

#7: Re: LT vz.35 / PzKpfw 35(t) restoration Author: Landsverk PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:46 am
    ----
Another Czech restoration:

arsenalen.se/en/renov37mhi.aspx

The tank was recovered from a private collector in Sweden a few years ago and sold to the Tank Museum in Lesany.

#8: Re: LT vz.35 / PzKpfw 35(t) restoration Author: JiriTinteraLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:57 pm
    ----
Dear Sirs,
here are some photos from the beginning of restoration work.

Rusted inside

Beginning of reconstruction of the interior

After derusting

Photographs from the collection Difrology Club.

Last edited by JiriTintera on Sat May 21, 2011 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total

#9: Re: LT vz.35 / PzKpfw 35(t) restoration Author: longo213 PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:03 pm
    ----
This is one hell of WD40 advert Smile

#10: Re: LT vz.35 / PzKpfw 35(t) restoration Author: JiriTinteraLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:48 pm
    ----
WD40 ...
Blah, blah, blah ... Only hard manual labor.

#11: Re: LT vz.35 / PzKpfw 35(t) restoration Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:11 am
    ----
- Landsverk

The tank was recovered from a private collector in Sweden a few years ago and sold to the Tank Museum in Lesany.

It was a monument tank at an armor regiment, when the regiment was disbanded the tank was put in storage prior to being shipped to the Czech republic as a gift. I think you got it mixed up with some other tank/tankette?

#12: Re: LT vz.35 / PzKpfw 35(t) restoration Author: Landsverk PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:16 pm
    ----
- Rikard_Hufschmied
- Landsverk

It was a monument tank at an armor regiment, when the regiment was disbanded the tank was put in storage prior to being shipped to the Czech republic as a gift. I think you got it mixed up with some other tank/tankette?

No, I am 100% sure - there are 9 "complete" Tankettes in total. 8 in different museums in Sweden and this one in Lesany.
This tank was sold to an Army officer in the 70's, many years later it was sold to a collector who kept it in his garden until 2006 when it was sold to the Museum in Lesany, together with a wreck from a range.

#13: Re: LT vz.35 / PzKpfw 35(t) restoration Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:23 am
    ----
- Landsverk
- Rikard_Hufschmied
- Landsverk

No, I am 100% sure - there are 9 "complete" Tankettes in total. 8 in different museums in Sweden and this one in Lesany.
This tank was sold to an Army officer in the 70's, many years later it was sold to a collector who kept it in his garden until 2006 when it was sold to the Museum in Lesany, together with a wreck from a range.

Ah, my mistake. I stand corrected. Thanks for setting me straight!

Cheers,
Rik

#14: Re: LT vz.35 / PzKpfw 35(t) restoration Author: JiriTinteraLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:15 am
    ----
New pictures of the inside of the hull repairs.

The signal panel tank commander.

Inside the hull.

Military Technical Museum - Lešany
Photos from Tuesday, the 17th May 2011 after two o'clock PM. Tank returned to the museum after 1 stage repair.

Now waiting to be repaired engine.

Tank engine was not plugged into the exhibition hall number 1.

In the foreground gun: 4.7 cm kanon PUV vz. 38 (Model 1938, Skoda type A-5).

Photographs from the collection Difrology Club.

Last edited by JiriTintera on Sat May 21, 2011 12:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

#15: Re: LT vz.35 / PzKpfw 35(t) restoration Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:52 am
    ----
Great work!

-> AFV News Discussion Board