Darling little item for sale...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Darling little item for sale... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:02 am
    ----
What the heck is it and what was it for? It apparently comes with a blade not currently fitted. Looks like the Army's version of a "Bobcat" front end loader but with ONTOS or SPAT running gear...sort of.

Cute though.

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotor...4cf828cd98

AHA! Seems they run with or without tracks:

www.kid8x8.com/

www.kid8x8.com/used.html

www.kid8x8.com/history.html

I think we can disregard the 2/11th ACR markings. Wink

#2: Re: Darling little item for sale... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:25 pm
    ----
That is WAY TOO COOL!!

Looks like one of those 6X6 ATV (ala the 'Banana Splits' !?) that has been modified to look like a mini-weasel.

Neat Stuff !!

Regards
Don

#3: Re: Darling little item for sale... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:23 pm
    ----
- Dontos
That is WAY TOO COOL!!

Looks like one of those 6X6 ATV (ala the 'Banana Splits' !?) that has been modified to look like a mini-weasel.

Neat Stuff !!

Regards
Don

That's what I was thinking...it looked like a weasel with hypopituitarism or didn't get enough growth hormone.

I can see why the army rejected it, having much better candidates with the Dyna-Track, Weasel, etc. It is cute as a button, though. Roy and I know some K Troopers, I wonder if the seller is one of them?

-> AFV News Discussion Board