"Bom, bom, bom...."
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: "Bom, bom, bom...." Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:50 pm
    ----
"...bom, bom, bom, bom...."

Why did it take me so long to find out about this guy?! Damn, he's really good. Cool

Last time I heard this was the opening of "Heartbreak Ridge".

Robert Gordon-"Sea of Heartbreak"

(better than the original Don Gibson version). Dig that piano.)

"Der Rockabilly Boo-gie"

#2: Re: "Bom, bom, bom...." Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:35 am
    ----
Rockabilly fever strikes again.

"The Worrying Kind"-Tommy Sands

Nice, simple licks. Kind of like "Summertime Blues" on Quaaludes. Whatever that would be like.

#3: Re: "Bom, bom, bom...." Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:04 am
    ----
Dang..............Who needs a radio station. You guys a fantastic DJs

#4: Re: "Bom, bom, bom...." Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:02 pm
    ----
- JG300-1Bullet
Dang..............Who needs a radio station. You guys a fantastic DJs

I like Robert's stage moves in "Rockabilly Boogie"....looks like Elvis as done by Steve Martin. Wink

#5: Re: "Bom, bom, bom...." Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:07 am
    ----
This is a bit offbeat from that and much more recent but still quite happenin' in the swampy rockabilly vein....'gwan and do the Haw River Stomp.....

grooveshark.com/s/Haw+...1foT?src=5

Don't that mud feel good when it seeps 'tween yur toes....

#6: Re: "Bom, bom, bom...." Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:57 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
This is a bit offbeat from that and much more recent but still quite happenin' in the swampy rockabilly vein....'gwan and do the Haw River Stomp.....

grooveshark.com/s/Haw+...1foT?src=5

Don't that mud feel good when it seeps 'tween yur toes....

Haw River is about 28 miles from my house and where I go to get on I-85. It's at exit 150 for those who are dyin' to go and get pictures. Yep, it's a real place.

#7: Re: "Bom, bom, bom...." Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:12 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

Haw River is about 28 miles from my house and where I go to get on I-85. It's at exit 150 for those who are dyin' to go and get pictures. Yep, it's a real place.

Ya know, I'd be dumbstruck by the coincidence but after so many in all this time I think it's one of those things that's just meant to be... it just somehow makes sense there's a connection!

#8: Re: "Bom, bom, bom...." Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:31 pm
    ----
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...h_Carolina

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haw_River

I was waiting in the international departure area once at Chicago and wandered over the concourse to get a better view of an incident where a ground vehicle had collided with an airliner. Got to talking to a G.I. there on his way home and I asked where that was. He said "Oh, you've never heard of it, it's a little place called Haw River."

I told him he might just be surprised...then told him exactly where it is. Laughing

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum