MMSNE Backstage tour photo gallery
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: MMSNE Backstage tour photo gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:33 pm
    ----
Hi All,

We’ve posted a gallery of photos taken during our backstage tour of the Military Museum of Southern New England.
We got to see the:
Renault UE
M3A1
M578
2nd M22
M39 and some other assorted tidbits.

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...515_8kcngn

Teasers:

The M39 only really came into its own once equipped with the Optional Outdoor Grill upgrade!

I'll post the general museum photos and the vehicle interior photos in separate galleries when I can!

Cheers,
VB

#2: Re: MMSNE Backstage tour photo gallery Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:32 am
    ----
Paul,

many thanks for these pictures !! Especially the turretless M22 Locust ones.

Pierre-Olivier

#3: Re: MMSNE Backstage tour photo gallery Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:22 am
    ----
- the_shadock
Paul,
many thanks for these pictures !! Especially the turretless M22 Locust ones.
Pierre-Olivier

Its not an M22 though it shares the same chassis - Its a T18E1 gun tractor intended to tow 105mm howitzers. Though knowing that museum they will probably destroy a single and unique vehicle turning it into yet another M22 tank.

#4: Re: MMSNE Backstage tour photo gallery Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:04 am
    ----
well, it doesn't really look like a T18, there are some differences :

P-O

#5: Re: MMSNE Backstage tour photo gallery Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:53 am
    ----
Your right but then I did say it was the T18E1 which appears to have just been an M22 hull with that added superstructure section unlike the T18 which had a purpose built front hull as in your image.

An extremely old SHOTS magazine mentions a T18E2 which apparently had a ring mount added - anyone ever see an image of this?

#6: Re: MMSNE Backstage tour photo gallery Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:20 am
    ----
- vagabond

We got to see the:
Renault UE
M3A1
M578
2nd M22
M39 and some other assorted tidbits.

Have you or someone else maybe seen there the Pz 68 (M-77807) Swiss tank ?

#7: Re: MMSNE Backstage tour photo gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:49 am
    ----
I don't think they have a Pz 68 there. I sure didn't see one.

-> AFV News Discussion Board