MMSNE General Gallery
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: MMSNE General Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:10 am
    ----
Hey All,

To complete the Trifecta, we’ve added a general gallery of the collection from the Military Museum of Southern New England located in Danbury, CT.

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...363_CzLd8B

M20

M108

XM800T

M22

Enjoy!
VB

#2: Re: MMSNE General Gallery Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:30 am
    ----
Cool stuff

The turret on the XM800 T looks 'weird'. Almost like its just sat on top of the hull. Side doors don't look to be 'openable'. Rear door is for the 'power pac'.

The MBT 70 looks gutted. The auto-rotary ammo rack is most likely not in the turret as it looks like a steel plate is welded over the rear turret area. TC hatch appears to be open..... Looks like the engine is missing also.....

They sure do have a wide assortment of vehicles.

Regards
Don

#3: Re: MMSNE General Gallery Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:16 am
    ----
Hello VB,
On your photos there is M48 with USMC r/n 398417. I have also a M48 with rn 9B16944 listed at Danbury.

Was it still there or iis there just one?

Regards,
Lesley

#4: Re: MMSNE General Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:33 pm
    ----
Hi Lesley -

There was only the one M48 (USMC r/n 398417) in the collection.

Between the General Gallery and the Backstage Tour Gallery, there are photos of everything in the collection.

Also, as I noted in the Registry Post to Neil:

The museum NEVER had an M60A3.
One of the M39’s was sold to someone in England. They still have one M39 stored in the back area.
One of the M22’s was sold. The museum has one displayed inside and a second stored in the backyard. The stored M22 is missing it’s turret. According to the young docent that gave me a backstage tour, the second M22 was converted by the British for use as a personnel carrier - BUT it seems more likely from the posts by JimW and P-O that it is a T18E1.
The museum has a Kettenkrad formerly owned by Steve McQueen.

No sign of an M1917 - I did NOT have a chance to inquire about it, but there was not an M1917 anywhere in the museum.

Cheers!
VB

#5: Re: MMSNE General Gallery Author: treadheadLocation: Southbury, CT PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:20 am
    ----
I used to volunteer at the museum. I worked on that M1917, was told that is was on loan from the CTARNG. It was stored at the Guard base in Niantic, CT. Some where I have photo's of it being worked on and also on display painted olive drab during our NG open house.If anyone needs photo's/info/#'s of any vehicle let me know, I work in Danbury.

#6: Re: MMSNE General Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:43 pm
    ----
Hi Treadhead -

I'm sure ANY photos of or info on the M1917 would be welcomed by the gang!
Is it back in Niantic?

-> AFV News Discussion Board