AFV print book - 1967
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: AFV print book - 1967 Author: TimRoyallLocation: Holland PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:21 pm
    ----
I recently got hold of a copy of a book called "Armoured Fighting Vehicles" by Malcolm McGreggor and Hugh Evelen which I think is a bit of a gem! It was printed in 1967 and contains basic information and beautiful prints of 12 afvs ranging from an early MkV to Sherman, Tiger and Churchill. They mainly seem to be vehicles held at that time at Bovington.

However, what's unusual is it's size. It's about 35 x 50 cm which is very big for a book. The prints are all side elevations, in colour, and as I say, really well done. Has anyone ever come across this before or knows any more about it.

Tim,

#2: Re: AFV print book - 1967 Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:09 pm
    ----
Hugh Evelyn Ltd were the publishers.. its a nice book but the prices for second-hand border on the ridiculous outside the UK and are even a tad high within it.

Malcolm McGregor illustrated a numbers of other books - mostly badge/uniform ones with occasional diversions into Flowers...

#3: Re: AFV print book - 1967 Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:33 pm
    ----
I have one
Was thinking to put it on ebay and was looking for info on it
But didn't find much

-> AFV News Discussion Board