The Commemorative Air Force Airsho
-> Officer's Club

#1: The Commemorative Air Force Airsho Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:12 pm
    ----
is this weekend. right now as I write PT's, BT's And AT's are practicing formation out at the Desert Squadrons Hanger. Here I sit in my office GRRrrr.
www.commemorativeairforce.org/
Anyway Pictures to follow......

#2: Re: The Commemorative Air Force Airsho Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:15 am
    ----
have fun and looking forward to the pic's ! Cool

fled
Cool

#3: Re: The Commemorative Air Force Airsho Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:02 am
    ----
At 6:30 Am it was raining...... It hasn't rained this much in ove one year. A line of thunderstorms moved through the area Fri night and drenched us. It's good and bad. Spent the morning replacing perimenter flags because of the winds. MUD....... But right before show time the weather cleared. Temps were just right.
WE had the distinct honor this year of not only hosting WW 2 and Korean war vets, we helped host the Womens Auxiliary Service Pilots (WASPs) What a great bunch of ladies waspmuseum.org/
Anyway I put the link to photobucket for the days pics. Not many aircraft pics today because I was busy at the WW2 Korean Vet tent. The cars took the WASPs on parade on the flight line. I showed one of my Squadron members stuck in the mud. and some videos of the days events. Hope ya'll like em. More tomorrow
smg.photobucket.com/al...?start=all
What do you think of the MIG?????? Mr. Green

#4: Re: The Commemorative Air Force Airsho Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:42 pm
    ----
www.oaoa.com/sections/...d=10213163

www.mywesttexas.com/to...002e0.html

Some pictures fromt the local news paper. I'm working on getting more uploaded to photobucket.

#5: Re: The Commemorative Air Force Airsho Author: JG300-Dan736Location: Burlinton Ont PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:11 pm
    ----
Wow,I'll bet you slept good after the show was finished.Thanks 1Bullet that was really enjoyable,I had a pile of questions to ask but I'm not sure where to start or finish for that matter,pic #18 showed a plane in the hangar with a swastika on the tail,do you know what kind it was? and what was that fireball about?Well thanks again for taking the time to share

#6: Re: The Commemorative Air Force Airsho Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:52 pm
    ----
Great pics Bullet Cool

Thank you for sharing it with us Smile

@ Dan,

that looks like a Me-108 "Taifun" the predecessor of the Me-109

#7: Re: The Commemorative Air Force Airsho Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:50 pm
    ----
- JG300-Dan736
Wow,I'll bet you slept good after the show was finished.Thanks 1Bullet that was really enjoyable,I had a pile of questions to ask but I'm not sure where to start or finish for that matter,pic #18 showed a plane in the hangar with a swastika on the tail,do you know what kind it was? and what was that fireball about?Well thanks again for taking the time to share

It's always a plessure to show ya'll the pics of the Airsho. The Bf 108 Taifun is the german aircraft. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...itt_Bf_108
The fireball is part of the reinactment of historic air battles durning WW2. The pyrotectinics are done by The Blastards www.blastards.com/

Be sure to watch the videos on my next post and you'll see what I mean

TORA TORA TORA

#8: Re: The Commemorative Air Force Airsho Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:12 pm
    ----
Finally...............

Tora Tora Tora............video just click on the picture
If you ever saw the Movie Tora tora Tora Most of the Japaneese aircraft in that movie were these....
The B-17 Texas Raiders made the show for the first time in 13 years I think.

Airplanes
smg.photobucket.com/al...20Day%202/

#9: Re: The Commemorative Air Force Airsho Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:14 am
    ----
Thanks for sharing Bullet. Cool

Wheels

#10: Re: The Commemorative Air Force Airsho Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:56 am
    ----
Very nice Bullet!! Wish I could have been there to see it! Wink

-> Officer's Club