If you go downto the woods today...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: If you go downto the woods today... Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:21 pm
    ----
englishrussia.com/2011...more-70307
Shocked

#2: Re: If you go downto the woods today... Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:37 am
    ----
THe word awesome is very overused.

So I am impressed.

#3: Re: If you go downto the woods today... Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:08 am
    ----
Seeing this array of "abandoned" vehicles reminded me of the small museum of vehicles in the Chernobyl, Ukraine area and vast amounts of AFVs, trucks, engineering and construction equipment, plus buses, helicopters left behind due to contamination. There are various photos on Google Earth, Flickr, etc. and it is interesting to go onto Google earth to find these items. It's been months since I was checking this out, and maybe this weekend I'll get some more info on this, unless someone has previously done this. Rick

#4: Re: If you go downto the woods today... Author: rynokiLocation: Australia PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:51 am
    ----
Spooky.
Better watch out for zombies!

#5: Re: If you go downto the woods today... Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:06 pm
    ----
Chernobyl, Ukraine was my first thought, too. On Google Earth, I have also seen big masses of military vehicles in Russia. I wonder if the end of the Cold War may have made them surplus.

Lat/Long is 52.379803, 104.160899

#6: Re: If you go downto the woods today... Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:44 am
    ----
In the 11th photo there is a tracked vehicle with large road wheels. Anybody know what type of vehicle this is?

Thanks,
Garry

#7: Re: If you go downto the woods today... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:14 am
    ----
To make things easier, I guess garry refers to this:

Massimo

#8: Re: If you go downto the woods today... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:31 am
    ----
Its a GT-SM

-> AFV News Discussion Board