a little OT but interesting
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: a little OT but interesting Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:45 pm
    ----
a CGI rendered Jagdpanther diorama

www.luijken.com/?p=753

#2: Re: a little OT but interesting Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:19 pm
    ----
Hi Piney! Hi Folks!

Interesting way to do dioramas. Best thing is that has a VERY small foot print.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

Last edited by Roy_A_Lingle on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: a little OT but interesting Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:05 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Piney! Hi Folks!

Interesting way to do diroamas. Best thing is that has a VERY small foot print.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

...whereas an NDP diorama in 1/35th would just about fill an empty-nest bedroom. Wink

#4: Re: a little OT but interesting Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:25 pm
    ----
Hi Doug! Hi Folks!

- Doug_Kibbey

- Roy_A_Lingle

Interesting way to do diroamas. Best thing is that has a VERY small foot print.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

...whereas an NDP diorama in 1/35th would just about fill an empty-nest bedroom. Wink

Minor problem doing a Troop NDP, it would take for ever to plant all the elephant grass needed. But then that is a SMALL diorama compaired to the one I would love to build in my back yard. Normandy, all five beachs! Still trying to figure out how many Sherman and Churchill tank kits I would need.

So far my wife keeps telling NO!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#5: Re: a little OT but interesting Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:54 am
    ----
Roy

Now THAT's an ambitious plan.....1/35 scale Normandy Landing Diorama !!?? WOW

Besides, I assume you have direct access to the beach.... (HA HA HA....yeah hundreds of miles of beach,.....but no water!?)

Regards
Don

#6: Re: a little OT but interesting Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 pm
    ----
Hi Dontos! Hi Folks!

- Dontos

Roy
Now THAT's an ambitious plan.....1/35 scale Normandy Landing Diorama !!?? WOW

Besides, I assume you have direct access to the beach.... (HA HA HA....yeah hundreds of miles of beach,.....but no water!?)
Regards
Don

Dontos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You dream destoryer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your comment sent me out to my beach with a tape measure to see just how long it was in 1/35 scale. It turns out my beach is just under one mile in 1/35 scale!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That leaves my beach about 49 miles short!!!!!!!!!!!!So much for that dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad

As for "No water"? A beach has water? Are you trying to tell me that the "Breach Front Property" I have is NOT a breach??????????????
Evil or Very Mad
Sgt, Scouts Out! Wink

#7: Re: a little OT but interesting Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:51 am
    ----
Roy

HA HA HA !!! (opps) Mr. Green

Sorry for that... Cool

And to think,... you are a 'scout' (!?)

As for the needed land to do that 1/35 scale diorama.

Just buy out a neighbors land, clear it, and presto-chango, you got your needed space.....

The real downside is the volume of model construction needed,.....you might want to 'enlist' the whole club.

Still a really cool idea...!!

Good Luck with that one.

Regards
Don

#8: Re: a little OT but interesting Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:53 pm
    ----
if you would build the D-day beach using a CGI or other 3D modelling program, space would not be a problem

you could build the complete European WW2 battle field ...... Shocked ....

#9: Re: a little OT but interesting Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:04 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
if you would build the D-day beach using a CGI or other 3D modelling program, space would not be a problem

you could build the complete European WW2 battle field ...... Shocked ....

That too would be a neat project, but the 'super computer' needed for that much rendering.... You'd make Bill Gates Personal 'Christmas Card List'.... Mr. Green

Regards
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board