Page themes fixed...
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Page themes fixed... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:16 am
    ----
The building superintendent worked all weekend and all the "AFV themes" (that's the page appearance that you get when you log in) are now fixed with full button functionality so if stark white is not your preference for viewing the forums, you can select any of three AFV motifs for your viewing pleasure (among others) and get full button options (like PM's, member profile viewing and such) as on the default C-C "theme".

I find just "AFV" is the easiest on my eyes in all light conditions, but your mileage may vary.

To set, login, click on "My Account", look under "Configuration" and click "My Preferences". Select a "theme" at top of the menu and be sure to save before you leave. Thereafter, when logging in, your preferred page view will be the one displayed.

Thanks to the maintenance crew for a job well done at no overtime charge!

#2: Re: Page themes fixed... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:02 am
    ----
BTW, image posting (with [IMG]....[/IMG] doesnt seem to work anymore...

#3: Re: Page themes fixed... Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:18 am
    ----
Thank You Sir

#4: Re: Page themes fixed... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:40 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner

Hmmm....it works for me. Doing it as I've always done it. It even resizes correctly:

Try doing it with a real image and then let me "edit" your post to see what your syntax was for linking it. As you have moderator tools, you can also look at the syntax in mine, which is working. Maybe you missed a bracket or something?

#5: Re: Page themes fixed... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:08 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

Super Thanks to those who did all the work!

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#6: Re: Page themes fixed... Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:32 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
The building superintendent worked all weekend and all the "AFV themes" (that's the page appearance that you get when you log in) are now fixed with full button functionality

Great, thanks! I'm back to the AFV theme.

- Neil_Baumgardner

Is this the same issue I've reported here a couple of times recently? You used to be able to post a link with spaces in it, but no more. Unfortunately many of the pictures on PTC sit in folders like:

Album/US/M4 Sherman/BovingtonSherman.jpg

so they no longer display here. It also means that all the pictures I've posted here in the past no longer display, even though they haven't moved.

#7: Re: Page themes fixed... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:53 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
- Doug_Kibbey
The building superintendent worked all weekend and all the "AFV themes" (that's the page appearance that you get when you log in) are now fixed with full button functionality

Great, thanks! I'm back to the AFV theme.

- Neil_Baumgardner

Is this the same issue I've reported here a couple of times recently? You used to be able to post a link with spaces in it, but no more. Unfortunately many of the pictures on PTC sit in folders like:

Album/US/M4 Sherman/BovingtonSherman.jpg

so they no longer display here. It also means that all the pictures I've posted here in the past no longer display, even though they haven't moved.

I'm not even sure how that would work...I've never used a computer that would let you save a filename with blank spaces in it (underscores, yes...that's why my name displays as it does on the forum..it would not accept blank spaces). I've asked admins, but this is a whole new format for files that's never worked for me.

#8: Re: Page themes fixed... Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:56 pm
    ----
My like change Mr. Green

it looks very nice, it was a good job

#9: Re: Page themes fixed... Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:15 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

I'm not even sure how that would work...I've never used a computer that would let you save a filename with blank spaces in it (underscores, yes...that's why my name displays as it does on the forum..it would not accept blank spaces). I've asked admins, but this is a whole new format for files that's never worked for me.

It's not in the filename, it's in the link because one or more of the folders has a space in it (like /M4 Sherman/). For example, the pictures linked to on the bottom of this page worked fine when they were posted in November:

www.com-central.net/in...p;start=15

You can check they're valid by copying the bit between [img] and [/img] and pasting it into a browser.

#10: Re: Page themes fixed... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:40 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
- Doug_Kibbey

It's not in the filename, it's in the link because one or more of the folders has a space in it (like /M4 Sherman/). For example, the pictures linked to on the bottom of this page worked fine when they were posted in November:

www.com-central.net/in...p;start=15

You can check they're valid by copying the bit between [img] and [/img] and pasting it into a browser.

Yes, they are valid. We are looking into it further, but the best explanation is that the site owner has altered their settings to disallow hot-linking as a bandwidth control issue. Are you the site owner? Any changes to site management? Even if webpage owner, server management might have made changes.

#11: Re: Page themes fixed... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:49 pm
    ----
Admin experimentation seems to support that's it's a disabled hot-linking capability from other servers/site owners, which is understandable.

It's generally encouraged that if one wants to posts images from elsewhere here at C-C, the direct link be provided so members can visit the website directly, or images be hosted on one's photo-hosting service (being mindful of image ownership issues, etc...something I'm sensitive to myself).

FYI, images loaded into one's C-C gallery here can be posted here, but not hot-linked to other sites.

#12: Re: Page themes fixed... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:18 am
    ----
Huh, I was trying to do it before with photobucket - must have been user erro Smile

#13: Re: Page themes fixed... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:39 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Huh, I was trying to do it before with photobucket - must have been user erro Smile

Musta' been. I think that's one of your images I've uploaded to my photobucket account and posted here above. The photo posting function is working fine...the only problem is hot-linking from sites that have disallowed it (as your Com-Central gallery does).

#14: Re: Page themes fixed... Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:54 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
Yes, they are valid. We are looking into it further, but the best explanation is that the site owner has altered their settings to disallow hot-linking as a bandwidth control issue. Are you the site owner? Any changes to site management? Even if webpage owner, server management might have made changes.

I don't understand. I'm linking from my website and I haven't changed any settings. The only change is that pictures don't appear here now if they have a space in the folder name. They still appear fine on other sites, like HMVF.

#15: Re: Page themes fixed... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:55 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
- Doug_Kibbey

I don't understand. I'm linking from my website and I haven't changed any settings. The only change is that pictures don't appear here now if they have a space in the folder name. They still appear fine on other sites, like HMVF.

If it's not a hotlinking block, then admins tells me that it's most likely the open spaces in the file/folder names. Servers that have recent updates are increasingly intolerant to that configuration. Spaces in file names is undoubtedly more convenient to read, but I always incorporate underscores to insure that they get stored/read/displayed correctly.

If you try renaming one as a test case with no spaces and then post successfully, then you'll have confirmation. I don't foresee the server being reconfigured to accommodate the file naming practice that incorporates blank spaces.

-> AFV News Discussion Board