Fantasy Race (Totally Out There !!)
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Fantasy Race (Totally Out There !!) Author: Hanno_Spoelstra PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:20 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss

I read a article somewhere there will be 1 Leo remaining
They want to keep it for driver training for the DAF TROPCO 650kN tank transporters.

So there is still a small chance Wink

Yeah, and we have a couple of Shermans left as well.

But none of the remaining tanks can be classed as 'fielded military inventory' Sad

#17: Re: Fantasy Race (Totally Out There !!) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:02 am
    ----
Although not racing, the last years the heavy cavalry battalions attended some tractor pulling contests.

The people were impressed that it kept accelerating and needed the brakes at the end of the track

First a Leopard 2A6, the 2nd is the Buffel recovery variant.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeUKpqINzFI
www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6HmSCJy_20

#18: Re: Fantasy Race (Totally Out There !!) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:10 am
    ----
For the racing part without turret, I take this Leopard 2A4 hull with additional seats in the turret ring

Film is taken at the army days 2007 in Wezep

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gCg__tKGNA

#19: Re: Fantasy Race (Totally Out There !!) Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:18 am
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
I object Shocked

If that is possible I want to change out the Leo 2 tank against a Leo 2 training vehicle Wink

From my days as a combat engineer driving the M48 AVLB, without the bridge, that thing could really move. I assume a turretless Abrams would gain similar abilities. I know my M1A1 on the autobahn could move at a very respectable speed.

#20: Re: Fantasy Race (Totally Out There !!) Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:26 am
    ----
So, how long for pitstops? And do the crews have to hand bomb with jerry cans and spout, flexible (aka horse co*k)?

#21: Re: Fantasy Race (Totally Out There !!) Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:51 am
    ----
Pit Stops would be a neat challange.

During the course of the race the 'pit crew' must:

1)Change a track block on each side of the tank
2)Change a pair of roadwheels
3)Full refuel with 'nascar style' fuel cans...!? Only one GASMAN allowed 'over the wall'....(ha ha ha)

Regards
Don

#22: Re: Fantasy Race (Totally Out There !!) Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:46 am
    ----
This thread has been inative too long. I do not remember seeing anything regarding using older vehicles. I would take a Maus Mr. Green

-> AFV News Discussion Board