I know exactly how he feels....
-> Officer's Club

#1: I know exactly how he feels.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:37 pm
    ----
...I mean, I am fed up to no end with ordering 'burgers specifically with "NO cheese" and wouldn't you know it, I open the wrapper and it has cheese on it. I may have to take this to the next level....

A Connecticut man knows how he likes his sandwich, and so does the 911 dispatcher who took his call on Wednesday afternoon complaining about how it was made.

“I specifically asked for little turkey, and little ham, a lot of cheese and a lot of mayonnaise and they are giving me a hard time. I wonder if you can stop by and just … ,” he said when he called 911 from Grateful Deli in East Hartford on Wednesday afternoon.

The dispatcher remains calm and manages to calm Rother McLennon down, all while trying to make him realize that a sandwich, no matter how much it differs from what he asked for, is no reason to call 911.

“You’re calling 911 because you don’t like way that they’re making your sandwich?” the dispatcher asks.

“Exactly,” he said.

With that settled, the dispatcher offers some advice:

“So, then, don’t buy it,” she said.

But McLennon, who seems to be a regular at the deli, tells her he’s not just calling about this sandwich. He also fears that they won’t make his sandwich to his specific request in the future.

“I mean, I just want to solve this the right way,” he said. “Her sister made it, but she left. They are playing games with me, so I was just wondering if you could come by,” he said. “I just want it resolved and I want to be able to come back here and get the regular sandwich that I ask for.”

The call ends with more advice to the caller

“In the future, just don‘t buy the sandwich,” 911 tells him.

“I’ll look at it before I buy it,” he said.

It's just like King Julien XIII from "Madagascar' sez....it's just more of the diminution of services that comes with failing separation of the classes in recent years. Evil or Very Mad

#2: Re: I know exactly how he feels.... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:43 pm
    ----
Castration.
I have no patience for people abusing the emergency services.

-> Officer's Club