New Mosin
-> Guns and Other Weapons Systems Apart From Artillery

#1: New Mosin Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:16 pm
    ----
-S-

Finally got a Mosin Nagant. Mine has a beautiful dark wood stock, brass on barrel, upper forend and red lettering on the sight. Its in great shape, made in 1943 and came with a bayonet. All serial numbers are matching. Paid $160.00. Man.. this is one pretty old rifle. Action is smooth as well. I will not mod it as I want to keep it in original shape. It will look good on the wall, another piece of history ..!!

Hammer Smile Cool Smile Cool Smile

#2: Re: New Mosin Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:28 am
    ----
I've got 3 Mosins. two 91/30s and 1 M44. Check out gun and game forums to learn about the history of your rifle. Ammo is inexpensive too if your interested in shooting it.

www.gunandgame.com/forums/

#3: Re: New Mosin Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:40 pm
    ----
-S-

I think mine may be a 91/30..thanks for the link. Finding the history would be interesting.

#4: Re: New Mosin Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:53 pm
    ----

My 1st Mosin 91/30. Paid 89.99 at Big 5 Sporting Goods. Cleaned her up and she shoots great......

#5: Re: New Mosin Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:02 pm
    ----
-S-

Looks just like mine Bullet, same stock , got the same kit as you have there...cant wait to get it to the range..!! Nice to own a piece of history.

#6: Re: New Mosin Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:36 pm
    ----
Be sure and clean it real good. They were packed in cosmolene. IF you don't you will get sticky bolt syndrome. There are videos on how to take the bolt apart and clean it, also instructions on the Gun and Game forum

I took mine all the way down. Bolt, the reciever and barrel off the stock to clean it the first time. all three of mine had a lot of cosmo in it

#7: Re: New Mosin Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:00 pm
    ----
-S-

I hear that varsol is best to clean the cosmolene. I was surprised how easy the bold came out of the firearm.

-> Guns and Other Weapons Systems Apart From Artillery