Three Amigos in Lesany
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:22 pm
    ----
The Amigos strike back! This time we were in Lesany, at first it was me Zdenek (aka Palic) and Patrik, then we've got help from Patrik Jr and Honza (who performed some special reco missions).

We had a lot of fun, I chatted with Zdenek for three whole days, first at Kbely, then two days in Lesany. It was great to meet Patrik too, notwithstanding the language barrier, he has an amazing enthusiasm for the topic.

Everybody kindly tolerated my obsessions for taking pictures. I guess by now it qualifies as a compulsive disorder Shocked
I have to say that if you would like to get assistants for photography, you better hire Honza or Patrik Jr, they are much more efficient than their parents Laughing

Among other great things, I also discovered Kofola! More info here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kofola

I first visited Lesany 14 years ago, it was interesting to get back and compare. I saw many improvements (apart from the Pz IV restoration, more on this later) and the Museum, in my opinion, qualify among the Top 10 in whole Europe

I am still ordering the pictures, thousands of them. I will start posting very soon. I am sure I will need some help to properly identify a few subjects as well. The AFVs aren't that hard, but softskins and exotic artillery pieces can be tricky.

In the end we had so much fun, that we are planning to make a "Dirty dozen" things next year!

Massimo

#2: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:51 pm
    ----

Skoda MU 4 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#3: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:59 pm
    ----
Hi Massimo

You allrady said that Lesany has some interesting softskins
So I am looking forward to them

Walter

#4: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:36 pm
    ----
Yes, plenty of softskins, with Praga, Skoda, Tatra and Jawa. Some german too, Krupp Protze, Stoewer Kfz 2. The Tempo instead isn't there anymore. Zdenek told me it belongs to a private collector.

Massimo

#5: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: palic PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:36 am
    ----
- Massimo_Foti

... I have to say that if you would like to get assistants for photography, you better hire Honza or Patrik Jr, they are much more efficient than their parents Laughing
Massimo

Hi chaps,
Massimo, when complaining about our (Patrik and me) efficiency of taking photographs, you should mention too, that it was me doing surveillance of eager-eyed wardens and their movements and attracting their attention to make them leaving the scene or make them busy by asking meddlesome questions. Wink
That was the way I provided cover to Honza and gave him an advantage of having a chance to sneak behind the fences (pushing button of your camera in a pretty wild frequency) to take pics of vehicles from unusual angle(s).

I really had a lot of fun there and now, my wife is LHAO, because of I translated what Massimo wrote about discovering Kofola ...
I have to say I really regret we did not have better chance (longer time) to have a couple of beers more - it could be far better experience than your Kofola discovery tour.

#6: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:41 am
    ----
I am almost done sorting and classifying all my pictures. I already identified more than 250 different artifacts in Lesany. But I still have a few shots that need help. This one looks like a radar on MT-LB chassis:

Radar on MT-LB? by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

What's the exact id?

Massimo

#7: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: PatrikLocation: Czech republic PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:18 pm
    ----
SNAR-10 (dělostřelecký radiolokátor)
Snare-10 (artillery radar)

forum.valka.cz/viewtop...hp/t/17690

#8: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:24 pm
    ----
Thanks Patrik!

This one should be easy. Looks like a radio/command version of BMP-1:

BMP-1 radio/command version? by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#9: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:25 pm
    ----
Here is another one. Looks like an artillery tractor:

Soviet artillery tractor? by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#10: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:30 pm
    ----
I have no idea about this:

??? by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#11: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:51 pm
    ----
AT-S artillery tractor.
Looks like their collection's all listed here.
www.armyrecognition.co...allery.htm
The bottom one's a V330P.

#12: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:07 pm
    ----
The list Army Recognition covers only a fraction of the collection, but it's very handy, thanks!

Massimo

#13: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: PatrikLocation: Czech republic PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:24 pm
    ----
BVP-1 is MU-90 (minovací vozidlo)
forum.valka.cz/viewtop...730#153730

In the Czech Republic the BMP-1 These are the vehicles manufactured in the USSR
BVP-1 vehicles manufactured in Czechoslovakia

#14: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:22 pm
    ----
Seeing all these ID requests, why don't you guys take a pictures of these information panels with technical specifications and name of the showed vehicle?

#15: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:44 pm
    ----
- Adamicz
Seeing all these ID requests, why don't you guys take a pictures of these information panels with technical specifications and name of the showed vehicle?

In fact that's what I do, all the times, but sometimes the panels are missing. Less often the panels are wrong.

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board