Three Amigos in Lesany
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#151: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:42 pm
    ----
- Adamicz
- Massimo_Foti
By looking at the pictures I realized T-34/76 m1943 “Lidice” wasn't visible. P-O's PDF list it and I took pictures of it in 1998.

Massimo

It's currently under reconstruction into the running condition.

Little update on this one. I was watchin TV news today and look what appeared during one of the news Smile

Looks like it's almost ready Smile

#152: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:37 pm
    ----
Thanks for the update!

Massimo

#153: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:24 pm
    ----
I guess, I will keep this nice thread as a news topic for the Lesany museum.

A few days ago, representatives of several European tank museums had a gathering in Arsenalen museum in Sweden during which they've agreed on closer cooperation between their institutions.

There were representatives of Arsenalen, Bovington, Munster, Lesany, Oslo, Parola and Brussels military museums. Other museums respresentatives promised to attend the talks next year, which will take place in Münster and in two years in Lesany.

And one of the results of these talks for the Lesany museum is
acquisition of Sav m/43 assault gun and 8cm Skoda vz.19 anti-aircraft gun from the Arsenalen.

Not a long ago, the museum also managed to get Scania Vabis 1664 engine for their LTP.

#154: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:10 pm
    ----
Another acquisition from Sweden is pbv 301, or another Bofors AA gun(s) (don't know what type), coming to the museum with the rest next week.

#155: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: JiriTinteraLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:07 pm
    ----
Dear Sirs,
I hope that the specimen is provide to the VTM Lešany will be in better condition, than Pbv301 acquire for the VM Králíky.

#156: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: PatrikLocation: Czech republic PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:22 am
    ----
Definitely,will be in better condition. Smile

#157: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:11 pm
    ----
So, there was a rumour for some time and today it has been confirmed. VHÚ got LTH tank as a gift from the Swiss MoD an is in Lesany since today. The Director of the VHÚ also expressed desire to get one of the TNH tanks from Iran, since relations with this country are improving recently. Negotiations about it have not begun yet, though.

As for the LTH tank, so far its without engine, but VHÚ folks wants to get one and make the tank a runner. According to the article, the Swiss MoD already renovated the tank thus is in excellent condition.

source: www.ceskenoviny.cz/zpr...nk/1365331

#158: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:23 pm
    ----
That's great news!

Do we know its registration number?

Massimo

#159: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:42 pm
    ----
Not yet. I wonder if they will move it to the Army Museum Žižkov in Prague, as they did with LTP for about year. If not, pretty sure its gonna be shown at the Tank Day in August. I'll be there, thats for sure Smile

#160: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:55 pm
    ----
From the painting it looks like this one from Burgdorf:

LTL-H M-78587 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

But maybe the two tanks still outdoor in Bure were recovered and moved to Burgdorf too?
Hopefully Chris will join the discussion and bring some info. In any case, we will know more pretty soon.

Massimo

#161: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:18 pm
    ----
Patrik Krista told me it comes from Bure. He got the info from someone at the Czech museum. But you're right, it looks like the one in Burgdorf.

Pierre-Olivier

#162: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:03 am
    ----
VHÚ just posted article about the LTH on their webiste including some pics. And you guys were right, it comes indeed from museum in Burgdorf and its registration numbers is M-78587. Its gonna be on display in Lesany since 1st July, so I guess I'll make a trip there already before the Tank Day. Also from the pics its quite obvious that the tank has been renovated only on his exterior. The interior still needs a lot of work to be done, before it hits the road on its own Smile

www.vhu.cz/dalsi-skvel...-cs-tanku/

#163: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:43 am
    ----
This tank used to be a gate guardian in Thun for many years. I am not surprised it still need plenty of work before it runs again.

Massimo

#164: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:13 pm
    ----
well, I hope that Lesany will get one of the Iranian tanks....

Pierre-Olivier

#165: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:58 pm
    ----
I've found some recent pics of the LT vz. 38 from Lesany which has been in reconstruction in the last two years. It got a new camouflage, the bigger road wheels (from Hetzer?) are gone and frame antenna has been added to the side of the hull. Now, it should look as the first serial LT vz. 38's from the original order by the Czechoslovakian Army.

source: bobrahakl.rajce.idnes....7.7._2016/

pics:

img23.rajce.idnes.cz/d....jpg?ver=2

-> AFV News Discussion Board