Three Amigos in Lesany
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#46: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:00 pm
    ----
In people's mind, "PzKpfw IV Ausf. J" is more popular than "T-40/75". That's just the same for the G-13. "Jagdpanzer 38(t)" is much more popular and everybody knows what it is. Just ask some people wearing US, British or German uniforms during a reenactment event what a G-13 is, I'm sure they think it is a warbird Wink

P-O

#47: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:13 pm
    ----
I know, but that shouldn't happens in the AFVs Museum of the Czech Army. Nobody in Thun, Burgdorf, Full or Schaffausen would try to turn a G-13 into an Hetzer, it doesn't matter how often it happens outside Switzerland.

In Lesany they don't remove the Notek lights from their T-34, JS-152 or SU-100 to make them look like WW-II soviet tanks. Those special czech fittings are an integral part of their history.

I could understand if something like that happened to Littlefield's Pz IV, just not in Lesany (or even Latrun)

Massimo

#48: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:20 pm
    ----

Hetzer by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#49: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:54 pm
    ----
Indoor display is pretty dark. This was shot by Patrik with an external flash:

SU-76M by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#50: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:10 pm
    ----
This shot instead was taken with available light and an f/4.0 lens at 1/25 of a second. The crazy thing is I used ISO 6400 Smile

SU-76M by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#51: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:23 pm
    ----

JT-34 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#52: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:26 pm
    ----
Thanks to Honza we can see it from the front too:

JT-34 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#53: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:00 pm
    ----
By looking at the pictures I realized T-34/76 m1943 “Lidice” wasn't visible. P-O's PDF list it and I took pictures of it in 1998.

Massimo

#54: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:07 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
By looking at the pictures I realized T-34/76 m1943 “Lidice” wasn't visible. P-O's PDF list it and I took pictures of it in 1998.

Massimo

It's currently under reconstruction into the running condition.

#55: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:14 pm
    ----
Good to know. Thanks!

Massimo

#56: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:15 pm
    ----
Talking about T-34/76. Here is a picture from 1998. The tank used to be part of a monument:

T-34-76 in 1998 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#57: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:17 pm
    ----
Now it's a runner, in beautiful condition:

T-34-76 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

My understanding is that the original hull was too damaged, so it was replaced. I am sure our czech friends will have more details on this

Massimo

#58: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:17 pm
    ----

SU-100 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#59: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:21 pm
    ----
I have some pictures of a T-34/85 in czech markings, dating back to 1998. I suspect it's the same we are seeing here, but the lights were different, with the Notek that was so typical of post-war czech vehicles.
This tank was restored not that long time ago, so I wonder if they changed things during restoration

T-34/85 with czech markings by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

I guess Walter may like the heavy truck you can see in the background Smile

Massimo

#60: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:39 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
Now it's a runner, in beautiful condition:

farm9.staticflickr.com...767b_c.jpg
T-34-76 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

My understanding is that the original hull was too damaged, so it was replaced. I am sure our czech friends will have more details on this

Massimo

There's a webpage on VHÚ official website dedicated specially for the reconstrucion of this very tank, but no mention of having to change a hull.

Here's the webpage (google translated) with some pics from the reconstruction:
translate.google.cz/tr...ani-t34%2F

-> AFV News Discussion Board