A trip to Aberdeen
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: A trip to Aberdeen Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:06 pm
    ----
Hi Folks,
I'm on vacation this week and took a trip to Aberdeen Proving Ground. The Museum is closed and on it hangs a banner proclaiming a new museum will open in 2013. There are still a number of vehicles and artillery on the grounds along with a new aircraft (1 jet) display, which has a description sign in front of it. It seems out of place there. You can still visit the museum grounds and notice the weeds overtaking some of the displays! There's no one to ask what's happening, and this year my attempts to contact a PAO were useless. Some of the vehicles have Military History Command tags on them so apparently they are going somewhere. Here are a few photos. Rick

#2: Re: A trip to Aberdeen Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:14 pm
    ----
3 more photos from today.

#3: Re: A trip to Aberdeen Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:38 pm
    ----
The Heuschrecke is still there I see.
At least some interesting vehicles on display

Walter

#4: Re: A trip to Aberdeen Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:38 pm
    ----
The Chieftain Tank and serial numbers.

#5: Re: A trip to Aberdeen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:45 pm
    ----
Brumbar, Jagdpanther and Jagdtiger are still there too!

Massimo

#6: Re: A trip to Aberdeen Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:41 pm
    ----
I'm shocked by the lack of care given to these vehicles. Letting vegetation grow on an historical artifact is unbelievable and as for the state of the Chieftain!

#7: Re: A trip to Aberdeen Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:44 pm
    ----
Rick, these are great photos! I'm working on updating the APG entry on PreservedTanks.com so I've added them there, I hope that's ok. You now have a dedicated Contributor page:

Contributor Rick Eshleman

You can add your own text and pictures to that page (but it's your choice). It includes a link to anywhere where I've used your photos - for example, this is APG filtered to just show your pictures:

Aberdeen Proving Ground: Rick Eshleman photos

#8: Re: A trip to Aberdeen Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:37 pm
    ----
Hi Trevor! The idea to add photos here are so You and others can use them. Either way please credit to: Photo by: Richard S. Eshleman (or Rick Eshleman) I'm planning on putting them together in a digital or analog publication as a retirement project. Still not sure, have 8 years until I'm 65 years old, and would prefer living near Carlisle, PA to be closer to family (and research) so we'll see! Rick

-> AFV News Discussion Board