Victory Museum's under the hammer?
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Victory Museum's under the hammer? Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:10 am
    ----

www.auctionsamerica.co...amp;page=1

#2: Re: Victory Museum's under the hammer? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:18 pm
    ----
well, you're probably right, the museum in Auburn seems to be split all over the US and maybe even all over the world.

P-O

#3: Re: Victory Museum's under the hammer? Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:01 pm
    ----
We were through there in January of 2012 and there were a LOT of holes in the collection - compared to the 2009 visit. The tour I'm currently on will take us to Ft Wayne in June 2013. We'll stop in and see what is still there at that time.

Cheers,
VB

#4: Re: Victory Museum's under the hammer? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:13 am
    ----
the answer is here :
http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=628906

To make it short : a judge orders the museums to be sold. Farmers State Bank of LaGrange sued the Dean Kruse Foundation for $2.9M for defaulting on a loan granted in April 2009 and refinanced in May 2011.

P-O

#5: Re: Victory Museum's under the hammer? Author: earlymb PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:15 pm
    ----
I remember visiting the Arlon museum as a kid in 1994; I still have the brochure about the vehicles they then sold in the museum shop!

Does anyone have more information about the two (unarmoured) Maultiere, the closed cab RSO or the two 3-ton halftracks? I still remember those from my visit to the museum. Are they original, does anyone have more detailed photo's?

Greetz

David

#6: Re: Victory Museum's under the hammer? Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:09 pm
    ----
They're all on the .pdfs, the Maultiers are certainly bitzas, one's got the running gear from a Loyd Carrier.

#7: Re: Victory Museum's under the hammer? Author: earlymb PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:29 pm
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
They're all on the .pdfs, the Maultiers are certainly bitzas, one's got the running gear from a Loyd Carrier.

Thanks, I saw that, but there's no source listed for that information and no comment at all is listed for the other vehicles. It would be interesting to find out though! Smile

#8: Re: Victory Museum's under the hammer? Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:45 am
    ----
They add estimate prices:
www.auctionsamerica.co...eCode=MM12

ps.

I hope that the 1940 Humber Hexonaut GS 6x6 Amphibious Prototype (Lot No. 167) will be bought by one of British Museums - that is a very rare vehicle.

#9: Re: sold Author: zemsiLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:13 am
    ----
... and here are the prices of the sold items

www.auctionsamerica.co...ng=&page=1

#10: Re: Victory Museum's under the hammer? Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:10 am
    ----
Low prices, in fact.
Reason of this situation - low level of restoration and lots of new-built vehicles. Low number of collection vehicles was real relics. Also, some real relics was sold before auction.

#11: Re: Victory Museum's under the hammer? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:04 pm
    ----
Here are the vehicles that will end up in France (to the same collector, ASPHM association) :

Stoewer 40 4x4 Anti-Aircraft Car

Fiat 626N Cargo Truck

Latil M2TL6 4x4 Tractor

Magirus-Deutz RSO/03 Full-Track Tractor

Renault UE Full-Track Armored Carrier

Unic Kegresse P107/U304(f) Armored Half-Track Tractor

Borgward H kl 6 Half-Track Tractor

Auto Union HL kl 6p Half-Track Tractor

Hotchkiss WH : GW39H(f) Full-Track Pak 40 Anti-Tank Mounted Gun

Hanomag S.P.W. Ausf. C SdKfz 251/1 Armored 3/4-Track

Daimler-Benz DB10 SdKfz 8 12-Ton Half-Track Prime Mover

#12: Re: Victory Museum's under the hammer? Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:59 am
    ----
- the_shadock
Here are the vehicles that will end up in France (to the same collector, ASPHM association) :

Stoewer 40 4x4 Anti-Aircraft Car - $ 52,000

Fiat 626N Cargo Truck - $ 8,000

Latil M2TL6 4x4 Tractor - $ 10,000

Magirus-Deutz RSO/03 Full-Track Tractor - $ 39,000

Renault UE Full-Track Armored Carrier - $ 45,000

Unic Kegresse P107/U304(f) Armored Half-Track Tractor - $ 20,000

Borgward H kl 6 Half-Track Tractor - $145,000

Auto Union HL kl 6p Half-Track Tractor - $ 75,000

Hotchkiss WH : GW39H(f) Full-Track Pak 40 Anti-Tank Mounted Gun - $ 35,000

Hanomag S.P.W. Ausf. C SdKfz 251/1 Armored 3/4-Track - $160,000

Daimler-Benz DB10 SdKfz 8 12-Ton Half-Track Prime Mover - $200,000

All Smile = $ 789000

ps.
I'm happy that those vehicles go to ASPHM association.

#13: Re: Victory Museum's under the hammer? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:26 am
    ----
- bialy-r
I'm happy that those vehicles go to ASPHM association.

yes, me too. At least they will remain accessible to the public, and we will konw where they are, they will not be hidden for 10 years.

P-O

#14: Re: Victory Museum's under the hammer? Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:39 am
    ----
Almost all vehicles from this list - half-replicas. As example, Stoewer have almost all body panels... Same situation with german semi-tracks, "Marder" etc. That's main reason why result of auction was with low final cost. 160K USD for 251 - it's very, very low price. Same with Sd.Kfz.8 and many vehicles from ex-Victory Museum collection.

#15: Re: Victory Museum's under the hammer? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:49 am
    ----
The new buyer knew this, but he thought that it was worth spending 160 000 dollars for a good chassis and engine of SdKfz 8, even if the hull is a replica.

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board